Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
In conjunction with various donors, sectors, academia, other stakeholders & partners, and the Ministry of Health (MOH), Malteser International implements several health-related projects in Kenya. The main objective is to intensify and scale-up Innovative Health initiatives by contributing to reduction of direct and premature mortality and disability due to medical emergencies through improved pre- and early clinical emergency care (SDG 3) in Kenya.
In support of our work in Nairobi, Kenya, Malteser International is looking for a experienced Project Manager (m/f/d) – National Position.
As Program Manager of the German Government (BMZ) funded project Sozial Struktur Fond (SSF), you will be responsible for the overall implementation and coordination of the project and all activities related, including M&E, reporting, liaison with all key stakeholders at macro to micro level, planning & facilitation of workshops, etc. You will be also responsible for supporting the Department of Emergency Medical Services of the Ministry of Health in the development and implementation of appropriate legislation for regulation of Emergency Medical Services (EMS). Supporting promotion within the human resource development including regulation of EMS training to address the shortage and inequity of skilled emergency medical care personnel, as well as the improvement and functionality of the pre-hospital care system will be part of this position.
This position is a connection between the German initiatives and the local partner structure and acts as a constant contact point for all stakeholders in order to harmonize the implementation and to increase public awareness of the initiative. In addition, continuous monitoring and reporting needs to be provided.
- Plan and coordinate the successful and timely implementation of the project activities in Kenya
- Coordinate all activities with core partners and other stakeholders in collaboration with the National Division of Emergency and Disaster Risk Management
- Establish a Kenya EMS Ecosystem Map and keep this map up to date
- Inform the program about the latest developments and activities in the EMS development field in Kenya
- Monitor and evaluate regular project progress on goals, objectives, and results with attention to core and wider stakeholders and process management
- Assure regular reporting for Malteser International, donors, stakeholder, and authorities
- Ensure qualitative development in health sector for emergency medical treatment
- Represent the MI projects at local authorities, partners, NGOs, and donors on BMZ SSF project in Kenya
- Participate and play an active role in coordination meetings, workshops, and stakeholder meetings
- Contribute to the development of local strategies concerning emergency health professionals and ensure linkage to the MI, other main stakeholder’s country strategies and Kenya’s Vision 2030
- Work on lessons learned, best practices and possibilities to expand the project scope to ensure sustainability
- Bridge gaps and laisse with other strategic national and international alliances, especially from German sectors
- Support the health sector related projects as required
- Networking with stakeholders (MoH, County, Sub-County, partners, donors, etc.)
- Organize and monitor regular project development including site visits to ensure continued progress
- Graduate degree in public health or a related field
- At least seven years hands-on project experience in public health, advocacy, management, and coordination of stakeholders and teams
- Experience in facilitating multi-stakeholder processes under emergency and disaster preparedness
- Extensive knowledge of Emergency Medical Training or Emergency Medical Services or Emergency Medical Care
- Experience / exposure to Health Policy Development
- Track record of managing grants, projects, and programmatic activities
- Track record of collaborative and integrative project development and reporting
- Demonstrated cooperative approach, including experience in working with Government officials and Ministries on National and County level, private sector, and academia
- Good negotiation skills, patience, diplomacy and tact
- Ability to prioritize work according to importance and deadlines while meeting work demands
- Possesses initiative and is able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups with demonstrated ability to facilitate workshops, manage teams and support others in their work
- Strong familiarity with MoH and MoE setup
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in all aspects of responsibility
- Excellent English oral and written language skills
- German & Swahili language skills are beneficial
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, internet, etc.
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Nairobi, Kenya
- Contract duration: 12 months (with option for extension)
- Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package
- Please note that this is a national position
- Please note that this is an unaccompanied position
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at our job portal.
Malteser International is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all people, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, age, gender, disability, confession, or origin. Qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
P.O. Box 66587
0800 Nairobi, Kenya
14 Riverside Drive