Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Finance Coordinator, the Finance Assistant is primarily responsible for providing The Fred Hollows Foundation Kenya country office with bookkeeping, accounting and reporting support duties, as guided by the financial policies, procedures and practices and accepted local practice.
- Ensure that daily accounting and transactional entries are captured well in the system.
- Capture financial data into the financial system by following the relevant FHF and donor regulations.
- Preparing payment requisitions and relevant documents and processing payments.
- Maintaining payable schedules and records of all invoices received from vendors and service providers.
- Ensuring timely payments of monthly bills and utilities to vendors, suppliers and service providers.
- Managing schedules and files for statutory deductions.
- Preparing statutory payments such as withholding tax, withholding V.A.T, HELB, NSSF, NHIF, NITA and ensuring compliance with the regulatory bodies.
- Ensuring regular monitoring of the bank account(s).
- Preparing bank reconciliations and follow up on any outstanding items.
- General office bookkeeping covering preparation of payment vouchers and writing of cheques.
- Undertaking a monthly cash verification procedure to ensure proper use of the imprest.
- Maintaining an updated filing system and ensuring posting of all transactions.
- Support in preparation for statutory, donor, internal & external audits.
- Maintain a monthly creditor aged analysis.
- Maintaining proper and the appropriate filing of the electronic and hard copies of the financial documents and reports.
- Preparing monthly reconciliations of balance sheet items with all necessary supporting documentation(invoice/vendor statements, bank statement and staff travel and other advances).
- Other tasks as requested by your supervisor.
- Degree in accounting or finance.
- Part II qualified in a recognized professional qualification in Accounting (CPA, ACCA)
Application Closes: 17th December 2020