Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, The Fred Hollows Foundation, is a leading international development organization working towards eliminating avoidable blindness and improving Indigenous health.
There are 36 million people in the world who are blind, 4 out of 5 of them do not need to be. We focus on preventable and treatable eye diseases such as cataract, trachoma and diabetic retinopathy. Our global program spans 25 countries throughout Africa, Asia, Australasia and Middle East which involves local training and providing affordable technology so doctors, nurses and health care workers can recognize, diagnose, refer and treat eye problems in their communities. We use research to improve our understanding of avoidable blindness, then use our findings to implement strategies and advocate for change.
The Fred Hollows Foundation has a very clear goal: to end avoidable blindness. As our Founder, the late Professor Fred Hollows said, “I believe that the basic attribute of mankind is to look after each other.” To find out more about our work, please visit our website https://www.hollows.org.
This newly created greenfield position will play a lead role in driving a comprehensive program of change and awareness to promote physical and personal security aligned to The Foundation’s strategy and developed in collaboration with key partners and like-minded organisations. Ensuring COVID-19 practises are in place, this opportunity will involve extensive travel to most of our country offices including Africa, Asia, Australasia and Middle East where you will have the opportunity to make a great tangible impact for the welfare of our teams and partners, as well as develop longstanding relationships globally!
As the Group Security Manager, your first year will entail the following:
- Support countries to develop or review context risk ratings, standard operating procedures and contingency plans
- Support country teams to develop country security plans in alignment with global strategies and policies
- Visit country / sub-country offices to conduct security risk assessments and help The Foundation’s country teams and implementing partners to put in place adequate preventive measures
- Develop and disseminate security guidelines, policies and procedures, and monitor implementation for compliance
Capacity-building and knowledge-management 30%
- Coach country and global teams to enhance an appropriate safety and security culture at The Foundation
- Identify security capacity needs and develop contextualised training and development plans
- Facilitate delivery of specialised security training to global, country and partner teams
You are a natural leader! You have a global lense on all initiatives and are culturally tuned with each interaction. You have lived experience implementing safety and security measures within fragile or complex environments. You thrive in working independently and take pride in providing technical expertise to all stakeholders at all levels. You understand the importance of implementing security measures within an INGO context. You may already have established relationships or connections with similar implementing partners/organisations within the 25 countries in which we operate.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- More than 7 years of experience in safety and security, preferably (not essential) in an INGO setting
- Experience implementing Core Security Requirements
- Evidence of membership / participation in safety and security networks at global, regional or country level
- Proven experience in safety and security themed capacity-building including Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT)
- Experience in the facilitation delivery of specialised security training to global, country and partner teams
- Willingness to travel extensively (occasionally at short notice, in difficult circumstances to countries with limited infrastructure)
If this opportunity appeals to you and suits your skills, please include your cover letter and resume by clicking in the apply here button. Should you have any questions please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org (Kindly note that CV’s sent to this email will not be considered).
Applications Close: 8th Jan 2021
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children and community partners in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.