Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Senior Associate, Human Resources & Finance Africa (SA-HRFA) works under the supervision of the HR Business Partner Africa & Asia Pacific and the Finance Manager Africa and in close collaboration with the Finance & Administrative staff in Africa. The SA-HRFA supports a broad range of HR functions related to recruitment, performance management, learning & development, human resource information system (HRIS) , team building and supports the financial management & performance, planning and budgeting, financial reporting & monitoring and communication and training on financial policies & procedures.
Human Resources (50%)
- Support recruitment, onboarding, performance management and staff development;
- Maintain an overview of staff benefits and ensure a regular check of HRIS data;
- Coordinate the drafting and updating of employee handbooks;
- Manage team building events;
- Support to monthly payroll approval
- Contribute to cross regional learnings;
- Give support to specific HR-projects.
- Support the Finance Manager in achieving the financial targets and performance;
- Assist in donor financial reporting and monitoring;
- Assist in proposals budget development;
- Contribute to the annual planning and budgeting process;
- Manage the communication and training on financial policies and procedures and donor requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional qualification in business administration, human resources management, finance management or related field;
- Minimum 5-7 years’ professional experience in human resource management and finance management with bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years of experience with a Master’s degree;
- Knowledge and experience in recruitment, onboarding, learning & development, HRIS, and understanding of payroll and HR legal compliance.
- Knowledge and experience in budgeting, financial reporting & monitoring and financial systems;
- Written and verbal proficiency in English; French reading and speaking is an asset;
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel;
- Ability to work independently and to work with shifting priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially; and
- Experience in a not-for-profit and international environment preferred.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: December 20, 2020
Only candidates authorized to work in Kenya will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org