Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position : Legal officer (1position)
Reporting to : Administrator
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Give accurate and timely counsel to the Management and Staff on legal issues, potential liabilities and possible courses of action.
2. Explain legal issues or cases and give legal advice to the Management on any litigation that may affect the hospital.
3. Offer legal interpretation service to the Management on different factors on the present laws and regulations.
4. Draft, review and negotiate, contracts, agreements, MoUs and other legal documents.
5. Analyse the actions and decisions of the Management in order to identify problem areas, suggest alternative courses of action and mitigate risk as much as possible.
6. Prepare various legal opinions, reports and correspondence on the cases handled by the hospital.
7. Ensure adequate preparation of litigations, and represent the Hospital in matters before court.
8. Provide legal advice on Procurement and Human Resources processes.
9. Follow up legal provision for the Hospitals debt collection processes.
10. Train, counsel and guide legal students attached to the hospital.
11. Conduct training and dissemination of appropriate advice to staff on legal and compliance issues.
12. Specify Internal Governance Policies and regularly monitor compliance.
13. Advise on and assess the level of Compliance to legislative provisions.
14. Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
1. Bachelors of Law from a recognized institution
2. Post Graduate Diploma in law from the Kenya School of Law
3. At least 3 years’ working experience alongside being a practicing Advocate of the High Court of Kenya in the Public Service or Private Sector
4. Member of the Law Society of Kenya with current practicing certificate.
5. Computer literate
6. Communication skills, interpersonal skills, Organizational skills, Analytical skills
7. Courage, patience and resilience
8. Ability to work under pressure
9. Ability to observe high level of confidentiality
How to Apply
Suitable candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications, detailed CVs and academic documents before 20th December 2020 to:
Hard copies will not be accepted and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. St. Luke’s Orthopaedic and Trauma Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.