Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job no: 498672
Work type: Contract
Categories: Economic Growth
Key interactions of the role
The position holder will work closely with the Finance and Grants manager, Head of Finance, Procurement and Logistics team, Grants Officer and other technical teams.
Key deliverables and responsibilities
The person will have the following specific deliverables:
- Post payments in the QuickBooks accounting software. Ensure the bank accounts are well reconciled by month end close date to facilitate timely closure reports.
- Processing supplier and Partners invoices and initiating payment process for approval.
- Ensure the Advance Register is up to date and pending advances are followed up regularly
- Ensure that all financial records are properly filed and on time with all the requisite supporting documentation both on share point and in the physical file.
- Ensure payments and acquittals are processed in good time.
- Ensure withholding taxes are filed and processed
- Engage in the activities of the Programme Management Team and contribute to the progression of the programme
- Work with other operations team in procurement processes
- Any other finance related duties delegated by the Finance and Grants Manager.
- Adhere to all security advice from Tetra Tech’s Risk Management Team.
- Adhere to Tetra Tech Policies and Procedures as outlined in the Operations Manual.
- Adhere to Tetra Tech behaviours: Ingenuity, Collaboration, Respect, Intelligent Risk, Integrity and Delivery.
- Engage in the activities of the Programme Management Team and contribute to the progression of the programme, to ensure delivery of project outputs and outcomes in line with REINVENT’s log frame. This will involve routine programme meetings (each week) to undertake detailed review of progress.
Duration and phasing
The assignment is a short-term assignment and will be from December 2020 to end of March 2021. Specific days per month will be agreed in advance with the programme and finance teams.
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant degree or diploma
- At least 5 years of accounting and grants management experience.
- Excellent command of Accounting software including QuickBooks, Excel
- Completed CPA Level IV
- Good master and working knowledge of Microsoft applications is a must
- Experience auditing of partner grants.
Please click on the ‘apply now’ button to start your application.
Applications close on December 11, 2020
Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors around the world, including the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID), Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO), and the European Union (EU). Our people are focused on improving lives by working side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth, and good governance.
Tetra Tech International Development is part of Tetra Tech, a global family of experts providing international development services in over 13 key practice areas in over 100 countries around the world. Tetra Tech serves the major aid markets in the UK and Europe, as well as the U.S. Agency for International Development, the U.S. Department of State, Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and multilateral development banks.
Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all of our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
Advertised: E. Africa Standard Time
Applications close: E. Africa Standard Time