Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Procurement & Administration
Reports to: AGM Head of Finance & Strategy
The role has overall responsibility for the procurement of goods, systems, equipment and services to meet the operational needs of the Bank, taking into account price, quality, and delivery. The role holder will be responsible for Procurement Strategy & Planning, Process Automation, Strategic Sourcing, Procurement Reporting, Supply Chain Risk Management and managing a team.
Provide high level support to the Business by establishing full understanding of both current and future business Demand and Supply needs over the Medium to Long term.
- Strategy – Develop and implement best practice procurement strategy, policies and procedures to improve operational performance. Translate the Corporate strategy into functional and individual goals for the Procurement function of the Bank.
- Policies Management – Development and review the two Policies of Procurement and Inventory Management in line with industry, best practices and other Bank guidelines.
- Policy Compliance – Ensure compliance with the Bank’s Procurement Policy and procedures and champion for continuous improvement to enhance controls and improve process efficiency.
- Cost Management – Contribute to Cost Management; the design and oversight of cost reduction initiatives, cost control mechanisms and their sustainability (such as TCO models, Cost Benefit Analysis, Contract negotiations, competitive sourcing, Buy vs Make decisions etc.)
- Budgeting – Conduct the Budgeting for all the Bank’s common services (Premises rents, Business Permits & Licenses, Taxis, Cleaning, Courier, Water, Parking, Sanitary services, Administrative services etc.). The role also manages the department’s Budget; from preparation to approvals.
- Spend Monitoring – Monitor spend and consumptions especially of key Capex and Opex items bank wide against approved budgets and Annual Procurement Plan.
- Risk Management – Lead in Risk Management in the function; review of strategic and operational risks within the Bank’s chain and discussing the same with Senior Management, Risk & Compliance function. In order to de-risk the processes and operations.
- Branch Expansions – Manage the key assignments of bank premise acquisitions, construction/ expansions and disposals in liaison with Business & Facility departments. This also includes optimizing relationships with Engineering Consultants (Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Mechanical & Electrical Engineers)
- Project Management – Lead in the project sourcing and management of key assignments such as New Product Developments, Business Systems Projects, and Software Application projects.
- Market Intelligence – Scan, review and consider for adoption new supply approaches, price indices, commodity trends, benchmarking in order to ensure the Bank’s sourcing practices are resilient, sustainable and fit for the future. This also ensures process improvement.
- Inventory Management- Provide leadership to the teams managing Inventory, Premises and Administration Support services.
- People Management- Conduct performance management and development of the department’s team, including coaching, influencing, employee reviews, KPI management to build a high performing team that delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvement.
- Procurement Operations- Oversees management of demand and supply, Quality, Procurement efficiency,
- Tender & Supplier Management – Lead the management of projects around Prequalification, Tendering, Negotiation and Supplier Performance to ensure process integrity and value generation.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business related area from a recognized University.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Procurement & Supplies Management.
- Full Professional Qualifications from CIPS (UK).
- Member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
- At least 10 years’ experience in Procurement preferably in a corporate organization, 6 years of which should be in a management / leadership position within Procurement & Supplies field.
- Working knowledge and experience of ERP Systems / Procurement Automation.
- A Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or a related field will be an added advantage.
- Strong Computer Literacy Skills (especially in Microsoft Excel, MS PowerPoint)
Competences Required for this role
- Communication & Presentation Skills (ability to effectively interface with Senior Management)
- Strong Analytical, Quantitative and Critical Thinking Skills
- Accuracy/ Attention to Details
- Commercial & Finance Awareness
- Project Management Skills
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Customer Service & Interpersonal Skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Planning & Organisational Skills
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Team Player abilities
- Conflict Resolution Skills