Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Are you interested in using the Microsoft Graph REST APIs and making it easier for our customers to understand how to build apps for their organizations and customers through excellent technical writing? If so, you belong in our Identity content development team! Here’s the who, why, and what.
Who: You’re a technical person who is passionate about technical writing and how important quality documentation is to the customer experience. You’re able to translate technical details into clear, everyday language that our customers can understand. You ask questions. You act as the customer advocate, thinking about what the customer needs to know as a new user, and what they need as they become more advanced. You’re able to come up with a cohesive strategy and see the big picture. You’re a lifelong learner who understands that there’s always room to improve. You’re collaborative, able to accept and incorporate feedback, and you always keep the end goal in mind — to produce what’s best for the customer.
Why: Think of the far-reaching impact you can have on our customers if you can help them accomplish their goals. Our organization is healthy, and our leadership is open minded and flexible. Roles in content development offer a solid career path and provide a broad view of our products and services.
- You’ll use your writing expertise to help your team create a range of content, like API reference, conceptual docs, tutorials, how-to topics, and code examples.
- You’ll learn about new technologies, and explain the features using language that our customers can understand.
- You’ll work with our feature teams to understand content requests, help on-board them into our publishing pipeline, participate in API reviews, and manage content releases.
- You’ll work with engineering, customer support, and marketing teams to understand customer goals, needs, and pain points.
- You’ll use data about the product and content usage to prioritize the most important work. You can interact directly with customers to understand what they need.
- Your content sets will include contributions from others as well as your own. You’ll help focus everyone’s efforts in the right direction and ensure deliverables get out the door.
- You’ll continue to refine and improve your plans and your content through customer feedback, testing, and by keeping current with the ever-evolving technological landscape
- Three years of excellent technical writing, communication, and project management. Writing experience may include blogs, articles, internal or external customer/community user documentation, and other customer-facing content.
- Experience at gathering customer requirements and prioritizing across multiple deliverables.
- Proven project management, organization, and planning skills, including track record of delivering great results under tight deadlines.
- Strong affinity for cross-group collaboration, negotiation, and organization skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technical Communications, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- At least five years of technical writing experience in a software company, writing professional customer-facing documentation.
- Experience with RESTful web API, concepts, and technologies to access Microsoft Cloud service resources.
- Background as a developer or as someone in a DevOps role is helpful.
- Experience working in GitHub and Markdown language.
- Experience with languages or platforms like Angular, Node.js, Python, Android, or iOS.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.