Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organization working for better lives for all children. We are independent of government and have no political or religious affiliation. Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Our global strategy has a specific focus on girls, as they are often the most marginalized and most often left behind. We have committed ourselves to the ambitious target of reaching 100 million girls over 5 years, to ensure they can learn, lead, decide and thrive. This is our contribution to reaching the sustainable development goals, and in particular the goals on gender equality. Our organization is transforming itself to meet this enormous challenge everywhere we work. We need bold, forward-thinking and innovative individuals to lead our regional/ country (ies) operations, driving change and delivering results that will allow us to reach our target of 100 million girls.
The Shared Services Centre (SSC) is a Centre of Excellence based in the MEESA regional office. The Centre’s vision is that within 2 years its clients will have recorded added value within their support services. The centre is committed to a reliable, efficient and effective service to the MEESA region at a competitive price. Its ultimate goal is to be trusted, predictable, and dependable to its clients at all times and to ensure commitment to excellent turnaround times in all its service delivery.
This role is responsible for providing a coordinated support function to the MEESA Regional Hub, Plan Kenya, Somalia and Ethiopia offices, for transactional processes in procurement, finance and grants management, HR, IT, logistics & administration functions. The SSC consolidates the transactional activities within these functions to deliver them in a cost-effective manner, promoting operational efficiencies and service improvements. The key results area therefore is the coordination of the operations and functioning of the SSC ensuring achievement of agreed service levels and compliance with established policies
Qualifications/ experience essential:
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration or any other relevant post-graduate training including professional qualification (e.g. CPA/ACCA/CIMA/IHRM/SCS, KISM, KIM) with more than 5 years’ work experience post-graduation/qualification.
- A degree in Business Administration and/or Management/ Commerce, Human Resources, Finance or other related field with at least ten (10) years of relevant experience in coordinating, leading and/or managing operations and/or administrative activities with at least 2 years’ experience in an established Shared Services environment.
- Proven experience in managing and motivating teams to high levels of performance
- Business acumen with at least two of the following core business disciplines i.e. Business Operations/Administration, Human Resource or Finance
- A general cross-functional understanding of Procurement, IT, Finance & Grant Management, HR, Logistics & Administration and Security
- Experience in or appreciation of business process improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.