Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Accounts Assistant –Finance Section
The Accounts Assistant shall under the direction, control and guidance of the Financial attaché perform the following duties and responsibilities:-
a) Preparation of payment and receipt vouchers;
b) Maintain vote book entries – Recurrent and Agency
c) Issuance and surrender of Imprest
d) Preparations of expenditure returns and Vouchers for agency officers: FRO, Education, Defence and Commercial attaché
e) Reconciliation of vote books and computer print outs
f) Write cheques for signing by the Head of Mission and finance attaché
g) Prepare mission Payroll schedules on monthly basis
h) Manage local staff payroll system.
i) Receive Mission revenue collection documents from immigration department.
j) Maintain accounts record and contracts.
k) Extract monthly expenditure returns from the Vote Book.
l) Write miscellaneous receipts.
m) Receive and issue accountable documents in CRB register,
n) Respond to routine customer enquiry on financial matters,
o) Maintain departmental voucher movement register.
p) Filling duties at the finance office,
q) Banking of Mission revenue
r) Perform any other duties as directed by the Head of Mission or any responsible officer.
1) A minimum of KCSE grade C or its equivalent in GCSE
2) KATC Final or its equivalent
3) Diploma in accounting, Book keeping or any other related field
4) Must have knowledge of accounting rules and procedures
5) Computer training in accounting software like excel, quick books, sage and word
6) Experience in book keeping
7) Knowledge in accounting terminology
8) Good communication and use of computer skills
9) Must be good and have experience with accounting filing systems
10) Must have good administrative and organisational skills
11) Must have strong analytical skills
12) Must be dynamic in understanding accounting and financial information needs of the Finance section.
HOW TO APPLY
The positions are for a duration of twenty three (23) months, and the successful applicants will be subject to Kenya High Commission Terms and Conditions of Service, as well as applicable UK laws and regulations.
Full information for each post, job description and required qualification are attached herewith.
Applicants should submit letter of application indicating post applied for and attach curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, proof of residency and permission to undertake employment in United Kingdom and any other relevant testimonials to:
Kenya High Commission
45 Portland Place,
LONDON W1B IAS
and send scanned copies to: email@example.com
Applications should reach the Kenya High Commission on or before 18th December, 2020 latest 12:00pm GMT.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview during, which they will be required to produce original academic and professional certificates, proof of residency and permission to undertake employment in United Kingdom.
Successful candidates are expected to start working by 2nd January, 2021.