Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Receptionist / Switchboard Operation Section shall under the direction, control and guidance of the Head of Chancery perform the following duties and responsibilities:
a) Managing multiple incoming phone lines for the Mission.
b) Receive and answer routine questions on various issues as may be asked by callers.
c) Forward telephone calls to relevant offices at the Mission.
d) Take Messages on phone and deliver to relevant officers.
e) Routing incoming and outgoing calls placed through Switchboard.
f) Ensure that international call requests have been approved by High Commissioner or Deputy High Commissioner before calling.
g) Connect all officers with outgoing calls to Nairobi and to the rest of Kenya Missions abroad.
h) Maintain database/list of international calls as required.
i) Keep a register of all members of staff telephone contacts.
j) Keep a register of telephone numbers for Kenya Missions abroad and Kenya Government Ministries, Department and Agencies.
k) Keep a register of all foreign diplomatic missions and international agencies in London and FCO contact telephone numbers.
l) Keeping a register of frequently called lines such as Kenya Airways, Tourism Market Development Representatives and various Kenya diaspora groups in the UK.
m) Assist in resolving telephone related matters such as liaising with telephone service providers (BT) to rectify reported faults.
n) Perform any other duties as directed by the Head of Mission or any responsible officer.
1) KCSE Certificate with a minimum grade C- (minus) or equivalent
2) Basic professional Certificate or experience in diplomatic organisation.
3) Recommendation for exemplary work performance
4) Two (2) years experience either as a receptionist or telephone operation at a diplomatic organisation.
· Good communication, customer service and relationship-building skills, Organisation and time management skills, Attention to detail, Negotiation skills, Assertiveness, Flexibility
· Tact, discretion and diplomacy.
· The ability to be proactive and use your initiative:
· The ability to use standard software package (eg Microsoft Office) and to learn bespoke packages if required.
Other Key Skills
· Typewriting, Shorthand (optional), Data Processing, Computer application, Office Practice, Secretarial duties, Commerce Business English
HOW TO APPLY
The positions are for a duration of twenty three (23) months, and the successful applicants will be subject to Kenya High Commission Terms and Conditions of Service, as well as applicable UK laws and regulations.
Full information for each post, job description and required qualification are attached herewith.
Applicants should submit letter of application indicating post applied for and attach curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, proof of residency and permission to undertake employment in United Kingdom and any other relevant testimonials to:
Kenya High Commission
45 Portland Place,
LONDON W1B IAS
and send scanned copies to: email@example.com
Applications should reach the Kenya High Commission on or before 18th December, 2020 latest 12:00pm GMT.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview during, which they will be required to produce original academic and professional certificates, proof of residency and permission to undertake employment in United Kingdom.
Successful candidates are expected to start working by 2nd January, 2021.