Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
APHRC seeks to engage an intern for an initial period of six months to support in designing and implementing database management systems. More specifically, the intern will be supporting the development and management of a telephone directory.
What is a telephone database and what is its purpose?
A telephone database consists of telephone numbers stored in an institutionally controlled device, e.g. a server, standalone computer or cloud solution. The phone numbers, ideally mobile phone numbers, are part of an individual’s contact information. The contact information includes other selected details of the individual. The database can be connected to a calling system for purposes of contacting the individual when needed. The purpose of a telephone database is to:
●To conduct non-face to face research, trainings, communications and policy engagement;
●To conduct targeted marketing, and monitoring of research activities including implementation of interventions;
●To provided sampling frames that will allow efficient samples to be drawn;
●To reduce the time, it takes to collect primary data with large samples; and,
●To enhance the cost-effectiveness of APHRC field activities.
- A degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Information Technology
- Experience using collaborative software tools such as SVN, GIT, CVS and Mercurial for version control purposes
- Experience with relational databases (schemas, design) and XML ishighly desirable
- Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Web trends, etc.) is highly desirable
- Knowledge of PowerShell, NET platform, and/or C# programming is an added advantage
- Strong skills in designing interactive responsive user interfaces
- Ability to analyze and critique requirements and make recommendations on possible solution designs
- Ability to complete work independently, incorporate client feedback, and deliver on time
- Initiative and sound judgment and ability to understand and process client feedback to improve assignments
- Ability to plan, prioritize and deliver quality deliverables while working with tight timelines
- Have a good eye for detail, with excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation skills in the context of IT programming
- Have good organizational skills to collate material from multiple sources and produce web content within tight deadlines
- Possess good interpersonal skills to work effectively with content developers and webmasters
- Creative, innovative thinker with excellent design skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and CV through our recruitment portal https://aphrc.org/vacancies/ by December 23rd, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center
P.O. Box 10787 –00100 GPO
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of vulnerable persons.