Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across three (3) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that is how you make an impact.
Main Purpose of Job
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join our Tax & Legal team as a Global Employer Services (GES) Manager. The holder of this position will be responsible for ensuring that all assignments are carried out to the highest standards in order to provide outstanding value to clients and the Firm.
- Manage the client portfolio as allocated.
- Ensure preparation of proposals, engagement letters and client take on procedures are completed timely.
- Manage the team to ensure client deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Manage working capital and debtors for client portfolio.
- Effectively manage all routine compliance and advisory engagements in a timely manner.
- Business development aimed at growing the GES portfolio and revenues.
- Manage and execute all global compliance assignments.
- Oversee the annual Individual Tax compliance for clients and ensure that the process is managed well and deadlines are met; liaise with client to provide the necessary documentation, preparation of the individual tax computations and tax returns; filing the tax returns within the deadline dates.
- Manage client communication.
- Train and coach (classroom and on-job) the junior staff.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business/Commerce.
- At least 6 years’ professional tax experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience post-qualification with an international auditing/accountancy Firm.
- In depth knowledge/understanding of the Kenyan tax laws.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organization and planning skills.
Key Performance areas
Strategic Impact – Support the Partner on delivery of designated engagement / project and manage the implementation of the agreed deliverables.
Budgets / Profitability – Manage engagement budget through accurate budgeting, cost control and profitability management.
Tax Laws and Rules – Apply knowledge of current tax and proposed/pending legislation, their implications, and understand interaction across the Global Tax and Legal function.
Delivery Excellence – Demonstrate subject matter specialty and ability to share knowledge in one or more service lines within the Global Tax and Legal function.
Technical / Behavioural competencies
- Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Sales skills.
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects.
- Experience in drafting and presenting client proposals.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Good financial knowledge.
- Sound business acumen.
- Negotiation skills.
- Focus on quality and risk.
- Well-developed computer user skills.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make.
Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people.
Performance drive – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders.
Strategic direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction.
Talent development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
To the successful candidates, the Firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working as one, producing results and enjoying it.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: www.deloitte.com/ke
Closing date: 17 December 2020
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.