Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across three (3) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that is how you make an impact.
Main Purpose of Job
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join our Finance team as a Project Services Accountant. The holder of this position will be responsible for the end-to-end support of engagement projects, guide departmental teams on preparation of billing schedules and selection of correct contracts in line with revenue recognition requirements. Enforce compliance of governance requirements relating to opening and closing of project codes, raise credit notes and assist teams to generate system reports. Provide support in training teams on project service procedures.
- Assist Business in collating the required information (such as the project plan, billing schedule and resourcing) to open a project code.
- Ensure that the correct contract type is selected in order for the correct revenue recognition methodology to be followed.
- Submit zero rated/ exempt VAT invoices to the Tax Compliance Accountant for tax compliance checks.
- Track missing time sheets and unapproved expenses and overtime.
- Review forecast revenue based on project plan, in line with firm policy.
- Effect any required adjustments, based on instruction from Business, to the monthly forecast to ensure accurate revenue recognition.
- Initiate credit notes on request from Business and submit to the Business Partner for review.
- Ensure profit/loss impact of projects after project completion are reviewed and recognised correctly.
- Provide assistance and system training to project leaders on SAP activities relating to WIP and revenue reviews, rebates, provisions and revenue recognition reconciliations.
- Enforce compliance of project governance requirements and closing of codes for completed projects.
- Manage Project Services close over month-end.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in Accounting/ Finance.
- Professional accounting qualification (CPA/ACCA).
- Experience with SAP ERP.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
To the successful candidates, the Firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working as one, producing results and enjoying it.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: www.deloitte.com/ke
Closing date: 16 December 2020
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.