Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The incumbent supports both institutional and operational objectives for a more inclusive work culture.
Through a strategic, integrated and participatory internal communication and staff engagement approach, the adviser will help connect and contextualize the different on-going initiatives designed to stimulate an internal cultural shift and a more collaborative, inclusive and respectful way of working. This position is open to Kenyan nationals.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Map out internal communication habits of connected and non-connected staff in delegations, their preferred channels and specific needs (language, format, etc.) to ensure an inclusive internal communication that fosters access to information, collaboration and engagement;
- Ensure that ICRC’s internal communication contributes effectively to the organization’s ambitions to strengthen staff engagement, exchange and mutual respect amongst managers and staff;
- Ensure that staff can voice opinions, seize discussion opportunities to share experiences, offer potential solutions and participate in decision-making as relevant;
- Ensure collaboration within and across all file holders involved in staff engagement. Together with them, develop a consistent and coherent narrative on staff support eco-systems that is user-centric and culturally adapted;
- Assess the impact of engagement activities by providing analytics. Based on findings, suggest actionable ways to enhance impact;
- Support delegation’s internal communication focal points with tailored guidelines such as menu of tools and resources to support internal communication objectives;
- Provide coaching/training and advice to delegations in internal communication and change communication;
- Map and analyze the main means and internal channels of communication used by the delegations and suggest solutions to enhance staff engagement;
- Support the piloting of a new institutional digital collaboration and engagement model in selected delegations;
- Consolidate and further develop in-house expertise on internal communication by collecting and promoting regional good practices, case-studies and evaluations/lessons learned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Master’s / Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Communication;
- At least 6 years work experience in communication, preferably internal; communication/staff engagement;
- Fluent in written and spoken English (French or any other ICRC working language knowledge an asset);
- Experience in developing various communication products (print and online);
- Computer skills proficiency in MS Office and other software;
- Experience in a broad range of communication/staff engagement techniques and tools such as PowerPoint, infographics, video clips, podcast, print production;
- Project management experience;
- Training/coaching experience.
The interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before 18th December 2020 at 4:30 pm then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
The reference Regional Internal Communication Adviser must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
In processing your personal data for recruitment purposes, we follow the information notice as explained HERE.