Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Role: Fundraising & Communications Officer
Reporting To: Chief Executive Officer
Job Grade: G
Job Location: Aitong, Maasai Mara, Narok County
The Fundraising and Communications Officer is expected to provide leadership in enhancing and protecting the reputation of MMWCA by influencing the opinions, alignment and understanding of key stakeholder groups by identifying and sharing communication best practice scaled at country, regional and global levels. This will be achieved by contributing towards the development of appropriate organizational internal and external communications infrastructure; fundraising activities, reputation surveying and management, stakeholder relationship management; digital strategy and content development to support conservation ambition and impact.The officer shall manage and implement MMWCA’s fundraising and communication strategy for achieving results in building the profile and brand of MMWCA and the greater Mara region, priorities relating to behavioral change and advocacy initiatives, coordination of information sharing and distribution, member relations and raising funds.The Officer will also be responsible for our existing funding base and expanding our network further into potential new areas of support.
- A Master’s degree in Communications, Public Relations
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working in communications with highly developed communication skills
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in developing communications strategies for conservation and environmental issues preferably in Kenya
- Minimum five(5)years’ experience in successfully managing fundraising campaigns and events for conservation organisations in Kenya
- Proven record of developing effective audience tailored messages at various levels.
- Experience in developing and successfully delivering fundraising campaigns and the relevant messaging, ensuring they are targeted accurately.
- Knowledge of fundraising payment platforms and the methodology of integrating payment platforms into campaigns.
- Knowledge and passion for digital technologies and the web marketing (including SEO, SEM, Google AdWords / AdGrant, Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / Linkedin Ads, HTML, CMS, web and social analytics); Knowledge in the use of photo editing tools (eg. Adobe Photoshop), and basic graphical management for text and graphics.
- Self-confident and well rounded, with the capacity to understand multiple perspectives and cultural diversity and deal with those differences diplomatically
- Experience of working with pastoralist communities and ability/willingness to work in Aitong.
Please express interest and request more information, or apply directly with:
- A cover letter
- Detailed CV highlighting relevant experience
- A daytime telephone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees
to reach us by close of business on 18th December 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org