Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Supply chain coordinator, the Supply chain officer will be responsible in providing efficient and effective Supply chain management support as per SCI policies and procedures. The main responsibilities are ensuring proper systems to control and monitor the procurement, and support storage, movement, disposal and reporting of goods and assets from point of reception to the point of distribution, with the aim of providing, adequate, and timely delivery of quality supplies to meet programme needs. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly
Internal Vacancy: Kenya Country Office.
Contract Duration: 12 Months (But renewable subject to performance and funding availability)
Work Location: Nairobi
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- First degree in Supply Chain Management, business administration, Finance or related area.
- Professional qualification, diploma or equivalent from KISM, CIPS etc.
- Member of professional body e.g. KISM, CIPS or equivalent.
- 3 years prior experience in Supply Chain management in the NGO sector, within complex/large scale country programmes and in emergency response/humanitarian environments
- Proven experience in all technical areas of Supply Chain operations including procurement, transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management, asset management, communications, and security.
- Ability to synthesise and analyse information, and make clear, informed decisions.
- Ability to work with spreadsheets and Databases critical including ERP systems.
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally.
- Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Cultural awareness, with strong written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments;
- Fluent in English, both written and oral; Local language skills a major advantage.
- Technical experience/knowledge in specific types of humanitarian intervention e.g. Child protection, Education, construction, Health, consultancy engagement
- Willingness to travel and support field offices
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
How to apply
Deadline: 14 Dec 2020 – 23:59 EAT
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at https://kenya.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.