Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Application deadline: 18th December 2020
Work Location: Dagahaley Refugee Camp
Duration: 1 year contract with initial 3 months’ probation period
Start period: January 2021
MSF is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need.
MSF is launching the recruitment process for the position of Patient Support Education Counselling (PSEC) nurse for activities in Dagahaley camp in Dadaab, Kenya. For operational reasons, only candidates from the North East Region will be considered.
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Nursing Team Supervisor.
Providing nursing care, treatment, patient education ,counselling and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, and other medical procedures.
- Active participation in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- As much as possible, develop individual PSEC plan
- Ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
- Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization
- Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration )
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed .
- Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorisation, etc.)
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Rapidly identify outpatients requiring urgent medical care and provides first aid and urgent referral if needed .
- Take and record vital signs (HR, RR, BP, Temp, Ht, Wt, BMI) of the patients and records this in the files.
- Check capillary blood glucose and urinalysis and record results in the patient files and updates the investigation results .
- Ensure the initial assessment of new patients is done in accordance with MSF guidelines .In NCD care this can be very detailed in the case of new diagnosis.
- Improve on the follow-up of the appointments, specialist referals and diagnostic tests. Provide patients support and education through individual and group sessions.
- Follow-up and adress adherence to medication and any challenges faced by the patient Provide medical and psychosocial support to ensure patients’ compliance and improve the outcome
- Make sure that the patient understands his/her treatment protocol.
- Ensure that the patient’s filing and registration aredone in a timely manner and patients’ files are updated with the relevant information
- Compile the individual data and the data of the cohort in a timely manner
- Working in good collaboration with the Secondary Health Care , Primary Health Care and Outreach teams.
- Ensure development and dissemination of adequate IEC/PSEC tools
- Contribute to the defaulter monitoring and tracing
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter on or before the 18th December 2020 to http://uhired.me/job/404
MSF will not consider applications of persons aged 58 years and above and will require medical certificate to ascertain candidates do not have an underlying medical condition to avoid exposure to risk.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)