Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deadline for application: 15th December 2020
Shortlisting & Contacting candidates: 18th December 2020
Written test: 21st December 2020
Interviews: 22nd December 2020
Duty Station/Mission: Nairobi/ MSF Belgium-KSU
Duration: 6 months Contract, extendable
Médecins Sans Frontières Belgium (Kenya Supply Unit) is looking to fill the position of a Procurement Officer. The selected candidate will report to the Procurement Manager for daily supervision.
Objective of the Position:
- Find good supplier(s) to attend the requester needs, with best price, quality and leadtime.
- Support KSU operations by ensuring good management of procurement related databases and files in an orderly manner.
- Ensures overall integrity, accuracy and tidiness of information shared, the filing system, ERP system, and product- and supplier database.
- Respect the procurement process leadtime, ensuring the proper communication with the costumer service.
- Support KSU operations by safeguarding KSU supply SOP’s and guidelines, Service Level Agreements and other Framework Agreements.
- Uphold KSU’s Procurement Key Performance Indicators [KPI’s].
Tasks & Responsibilities:
S/he will perform the following main tasks, among others:-
- Follows up on the procurement processes till order placement to supplier.
- Communicates to the Purchasing Officer as soon as a bid analysis is performed.
- In collaboration with the Procurement Manager assists in conducting market assessments.
- Obtains quotation from suppliers when the suppliers preferences cannot apply or for new articles and submit proposals to the Procurement Manager for validation.
- Negotiates prices with the suppliers for all items that don’t have a fixed market price.
- Ensures compliance with KSU Procurement SOP’s.
- Ensures up to date complete and accurate supplier information in MSF approved supplier list, including black listed supplier list.
- Ensures all documents needed are complete and accurate before sharing with other departments [e.g. Signed supplier VAT refund agreement, RFQ etc.]
- Ensures that the ERP database is properly filled and updated [e.g. quotation information, stabilized prices, supplier preference, and status.]
- Administrates contracts and follow-up on suppliers compliance.
- Ensures Clearing Agent/Transport quotation and CBA , and prepare Clearing Agent/Transport contract for movements without contract.
- Analyses tender/bids received and share with Line Manager for decision making.
- Visits suppliers and makes a visit report.
- Screens and analyses the RFQs to ensure that all information is clear and captured. Communicates to Customer Service Officer when the request needs more clarification or amendment.
- Proposes alternatives and/or crosschecks with Customer Service Officer when requested items are not available, not meeting MSF quality standards or are not in line with previous purchases done by the client.
- Proactively engages with the suppliers to maintain a good relationship and to ensure that they are performing according to KSU’s expectations and specifications.
- Organizes Supplier Performance Evaluation in relation with the Procurement Manager and Technical persons
- Immediately informs the Line Manager of any problems arising in the course of the work.
- Back-ups the other Procurement Officer during leave.
- In case of Procurement Manager absence, follow-up the activities and assist (when is possible) the tasks of the department.
- On request, perform any other additional duties given by the Line Manager in order to allow the organization to function optimally.
- Supports and attend KSU inventory.
- Prepares monthly reports of assigned procurement activities as requested by Line Manager.
- Attends regular meetings to collect and exchange information on supplier performance with Purchasing Officer, Transport Manager, Finance Manager, and Line Manager.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Education: Diploma in Procurement, or related studies in Supply Chain Management. Degree in the same field is an added advantage.
Experience: At least 2 years’ experience in procurement process or supply chain; Previous working experience with MSF or other NGOs is preferable.
Skills/ Competences: diplomacy, culturally sensitive, patience, proactive, flexible, attentive to details, organized; computer literate.
Strengths required: Excellent communication & reporting skills. Strong initiative and a team player.
Language: Proficiency in written and oral English & Swahili.
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to ONLY submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae mentioning on the envelop/ email subject line, “Procurement Officer”, to:
The HR Manager
Médecins Sans Frontières Belgium-KSU
P.O. Box 38897-00623, Nairobi
Applications must be received by the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.