Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to: Community Engagement & Football Coordinator
Job Purpose: To coordinate the MTG football leagues and tournaments. The role further provides technical support in strengthening MTG United teams through football talent identification and management.
Main Roles and responsibilities:
- Project Management
- To organize league events and coordinate the selection process of MTG United team members
- Coordinate all the TOT and Monthly Training programs;
- Oversee the allocation of staff and effective delivery of football outputs during the activities
- Responsible for identification of appropriate local and international tournaments for MTG United team participation
- Ensure football training sessions of MTG United Team are undertaken and appropriate to achieve MTG Vision, Mission and Objectives
- Coordinate Registration of MTG Club, recruitment of players and resource mobilization for Club
- Document lessons, case studies and success stories of Inclusion in MTG’s league activities
- Staff Management
- Supervise MTG Coach
- In consultation with HR Manager, train, recruit, induct and support the professional development of MTG coaches
- In consultation with the HR Manager conduct regular staff appraisal of staff reporting to the Football Leagues Officer.
- Design a training strategy and capacity development plan for referees, first aiders and coaches from basic to professional skill development
- Coordinate staff football team practice and fitness program.
- Oversee, coordinate and monitor the implementation plan of all football-based life skills coaching Programs in MTG.
- Football Management
- In charge of organizing and implementing of the MTG annual tournament
- Oversee implementation of football league programs in all counties in the coastal region
- Review or develop football training curricula for coaches, referees, first aiders
- Manage MTG first aid services in all activities, ensure that there’s an adequate supply of all first aid essentials in MTG league fields and tournaments.
- Generate football section individual weekly reports, monthly section reports
- Work with external and expert trainers to ensure that football leaders progress from basic, intermediate to advanced levels
- Coordination the development of MTG play-based tool kit for MTG league activities and review of the same from time to time
- In charge of marking international days related to football
- In liaison with the Office Assistant (Stores), ensure adequate stocking of match report books, footballs etc.
- Oversee quarterly stock take and provide up to date report of the football store to the Coordinator.
- Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Work closely with the M&E team to access updated and validated field reports
- Maintain a database of league matches,
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Develop a strong partnership with football stakeholders both locally and internationally
- Communication Management:
- Internal Communications
- Prepare and participate in periodical meetings
- Provide the Communications officer with contacts for the database (donors, consultants, networks)
- Coordinate with project teams in the documentation of projects’ achievements
- External Communications
- Assist in project special events together with the Communications officer
- Support the Communications officer in the production of project-related communications tools: video clips, leaflet, press release/ press kit, database
- Internal Communications
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of Football experience
- Program implementation experience
- Recruitment and training skills
- Network and people skills necessary
- Organizational skills in coordination of tournaments
- Report writing skills
- Stakeholder management skills– local & international
- Ability to control stocks of sports supplies
- Basic first-aid knowledge
- Degree in project management, Community development, sports science, or any other relevant field.
- Sport for development or Gender programing experience is desirable
Application letters accompanied by a detailed CV should reach MTG on or before 17th December 2020 addressed to the Human Resource& Admin. Manager.
The email to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensure that the subject is clear with the position advertised. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted