Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to: PMO Lead
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast Fiber optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
Primary ongoing responsibility is management of projects. Focuses on meeting project commitments, including communications with sponsors, stakeholders. Spends significant time on project management responsibilities. As assigned, lead or assist in the planning, implementation and introduction of projects for new systems and technologies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead planning and/or implementation of projects. May participate in the design and/or testing phases.
- Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas; develop methods to monitor project or area progress; and provide corrective supervision if necessary.
- Responsibility for assembling the project staff; for their technical or functional development, performance, and/or termination during the project.
- Manage project budget and resource allocation. Facilitate the definition of service levels and customer requirements. Interact regularly with existing or potential clients to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery.
- Advocate on behalf of clients and represent clients’ needs as appropriate to senior management. Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
- Lead the development and implementation of a broad, coordinated set of plans and programs to meet the goals and priorities of the department.
- Provide expertise and consulting to project managers in the process of project management and in the softer skills of team dynamics, team building and group motivation.
- Present reports defining plans, problems, and resolutions to appropriate levels of management. Manage delivery schedules and budgets to ensure project delivery is on time, within scope and in budget.
- Use of standard project methodology and tools to track progress against deliverables
- Lead and manage project and resource schedules. Manage third party and specialist resources assigned to projects
- Use of appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques. Enforce quality gates in all the projects.
- Communicate project activities including progress, budget, risks, issues to relevant stakeholders as defined by the communication plan
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation throughout the project.
Academic Background and Professional Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, IT, Telecommunications or related field.
- Must be a fully qualified and accredited project manager (PMP)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Proficient in Microsoft Project
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in managing complex technical projects.
- Experience in telecoms required, but focus is on general understanding
- Functional experience in the following fields is valuable in the role: organizational change, product / go-to-market strategy, distribution strategy, sales force effectiveness, customer experience / centricity / loyalty, business development, pricing, CAPEX planning, operational efficiency / process optimization
Here are the skills we are looking for
- Highly developed interpersonal skills aligned to strong team leadership competencies.
- Project management
- Planning and organizing
- Business process analysis/modeling
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with clearly demonstrated methodologies to keep project teams and stakeholders well informed.
- Commercial awareness and excellent negotiation skills
How to Apply:
Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 23rd December 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.