Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CHAK is seeking competent, experienced and highly skilled professionals as Technical Advisors to lead in the anticipated USAID funded 5-year HIV Prevention, care and treatment project in Mt. Kenya, Kajiado and Nairobi region counties. The successful candidates are expected to drive the project to achieve its objectives and to act as change agents supporting a culture of performance and accountability within the project counties. These are competitive positions with high degree of personal responsibility and CHAK will offer individuals competitive rewards commensurate with their level of skills, responsibility and the market tread.
The Technical Advisor for Laboratory Management will ensure the implementation of best practices in sample collection, storage, and validation, return of results and analysis of trends in results in alignment with government and donor policies and procedures.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party, this position will:
- Design and lead continuous quality improvement initiatives (CQI) and technical assistance to increase utilization and delivery of high-quality lab services;
- Design and lead project initiatives to scale up recency and viral load testing services;
- Develop and/or update HIV lab strategies, guidelines, in-service training approaches/curricula, standard-operating procedures and job aids as required;
- Provide technical assistance in HIV lab services at national, provincial, district, facility and community level;
- Provide direction for upgrading and establishing labs towards accreditation;
- Support and strengthen an effective specimen transportation system and its scalability in-country, including coordination with relevant partners and other programs;
- Support further expansion and coordination of the Point of Care techniques to diagnose HIV and other opportunistic infections;
- Participate in the development of the project laboratory plans and oversee the development and successful implementation of the service delivery annual work plans.
- Support MERL planning to answer key lab questions including assisting in the development and tracking of indicators;
- Participate in and provide technical assistance to national and regional lab Technical Working Groups (TWGs), task teams, workshops, and campaigns;
- Ensure lab activities effectively incorporate and consider gender and stigma reduction programming;
- Coordinate and collaborate with the various lab prevention and treatment partners;
- Explore opportunities for quality improvement across multiple issues in lab based diagnostic network such as planning, connectivity and quality assurance;
- Develop and strengthen a platform for dialogue and addressing key laboratory issues within the MoH.
- Masters in Medical Laboratory Sciences or epidemiology or microbiology or MPH with clinical degree;
- At least 7 years’ experience in implementing Lab programs, with at least 3 in HIV/Lab programs, especially with USAID supported programs in Kenya;
- Experience in capacity building e.g. developing content, planning, and facilitating training and providing technical assistance;
- Familiarity with adult learning principles/techniques and demonstrated ability to design and facilitate learning opportunities for adults.
Qualified candidates should send their CV and application letter briefly describing his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience to email@example.com on or before 31st January 2021. Only qualified candidates should apply. Applicants must quote the Position on application Subject.
*Disclaimer: CHAK does not charge money at any point of the recruitment process***