Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CHAK is seeking competent, experienced and highly skilled professionals as Technical Advisors to lead in the anticipated USAID funded 5-year HIV Prevention, care and treatment project in Mt. Kenya, Kajiado and Nairobi region counties. The successful candidates are expected to drive the project to achieve its objectives and to act as change agents supporting a culture of performance and accountability within the project counties. These are competitive positions with high degree of personal responsibility and CHAK will offer individuals competitive rewards commensurate with their level of skills, responsibility and the market tread.
The program will provide technical assistance /mentorship and direct implementation of comprehensive, evidence-based and tailored HIV and TB prevention, care, support, and treatment interventions in established health facilities.
The SDA will champion use of evidence–based interventions along the continuum of HIV care services by guiding adherence to the principles of continuous quality improvement through use of data e.g. MER indicators, MPRs and SIMS reports.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party, this position will:
- Work closely with the DCOP to ensure standardization of HIV/TB care, treatment and prevention services (HTS, PMTCT, VMMC) across all the project supported sites;
- Provide leadership to HIV care and treatment service delivery integration activity design, planning, and implementation;
- Ensure the development and implementation of the minimum packages of care for HTS/VMMC/PMTCT/TB/HIV Care and Treatment across all supported sites, in line with the National program;
- Providing day-to-day contact to provide technical assistance to each cluster teams on HIV care & treatment, TB and VMMC activities to establish and strengthen implementation of integrated and comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and TB activities at each supported site, improve quality of services and monitor progress towards achievement project objectives;
- Participate and oversee the development and implementation of integrated project work plans;
- Represent the project in PEPFAR funded activities with USAID, PEPFAR, and other implementing partners;
- Provide targeted mentorship and supportive supervision at the project’s supported facilities;
- Supervise and/or mentor select technical and programmatic staff;
- Ensure achievement of all project deliverables including quarterly and annual PEPFAR targets;
- Work closely with the MEL team to ensure timely quarterly and annual reporting of HTS/VMMC/PMTCT/TB/HIV care and treatment achievements;
- Participate and contribute in the Regional Technical Working Groups (HTS/VMMC/PMTCT/TB/HIV Care and Treatment), selected national TWGs and ensure National initiatives are implemented at the supported facilities, as needed;
- With the respective Program Officers at the County, Sub County and Sub Grantees, coordinate the project’s implementation of HTS/VMMC/PMTCT/TB/HIV Care and Treatment activities in line with the National HIV program.
- Medical Doctor with Advanced Degree in Medicine (M. Med) or Public Health;
- Demonstrated technical leadership in integrated HIV programming;
- A minimum of five years’ experience in PEPFAR funded programming;
- Experience working with County and Sub County teams as well as representation in HIV national forums in Kenya;
- Proven management skills and a research background will be an added advantage;
- At least 3 years’ clinical experience in HIV care and treatment programs;
Qualified candidates should send their CV and application letter briefly describing his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st January 2021. Only qualified candidates should apply. Applicants must quote the Position on application Subject.
*Disclaimer: CHAK does not charge money at any point of the recruitment process***