Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Carpentry, masonry work, painting services, for the maintenance of University buildings
- Maintain and repair carpentry, sanitary fittings in all University installations.
- Fabricate and repair items used by various research departments for field and laboratory work.
- Paint and refurbish office spaces and common areas
- Assembles sturdy and well-constructed floorboards, skirting boards, window frames, doors, door linings, staircases, fitted furniture, cabinetry, shelving, and more
- Incorporate fixtures like door handles and locks, cabinet handles, stairway railing, and other fixtures into design and implementation
- Build temporary housings and supports for setting concrete (shuttering)
- Craft furniture with fine detail work and/or utmost sturdiness and quality
- Utilize skills in other related trades such as plumbing, roofing, bricklaying, painting, tiling, plastering, etc.
- Participate in first fixing as well as second fixing work
- Combine carpentry with joinery work
- Repair and refurbishing of existing building work
- Report to supervisor regarding work done and work in progress, and submit duly filled job cards after completion of jobs.
- KCSE and Government Trade Test III in carpentry, masonry and Painting
- 7 years proven experience in fitting & Joinery/carpenter
- Proven experience in building maintenance.
- Good knowledge of the English and Kiswahili languages both spoken and written.
- Must be a team player, Meticulous, Artistic and creative.
- Must have basic computer skills.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send three (3) copies of their application, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates, National ID card or passport, and other relevant testimonials.
A) Three (3) hard copies of the application (Letter, CV, Certificates and Testimonials) should be sent to:
The Vice Chancellor
Kenya Methodist University
P. O. Box 267 – 60200
and Additionally, an electronic copy of the application (Letter, CV, Certificates and Testimonials) in PDF format should be sent to:
Applicants who will be invited for the interview will be required to bring the following:
Clearance certificate from
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Credit Reference Bureau.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department.
- Letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes) from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and general character one of whom must be the pastor of their local church.
To be received on or before 18th December 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All the positions above require individuals who are committed to Christian values and are of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
KeMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.