Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB TITLE: Agri-Nutrition Officer
REPORTS TO: Project Coordinator
LOCATION: Homabay County
JOB TYPE: Full-time for a period of 1 year, renewable based on performance and availability of funds
Sustainable Agricultural Information Initiative (SAII) is a regional Not for Profit development organization with over 10 years of experience in delivering agricultural development and resilience-building interventions focused on value chain development in the ASAL and other counties of Kenya. The NGO is concerned with the promotion of sustainable agricultural practices to eradicate hunger and extreme poverty by implementing innovative, enterprising and sustainable interventions that contribute to mainstreaming good agricultural practices and market-oriented approaches, generating and diversifying household incomes among smallholder farmers and enterprising youth & women enterprises, thereby contributing to the long-term agenda of ensuring a food secure and a healthy nation.
Purpose of the Role
Through the Kimira Oluoch Irrigation Scheme High Value Horticultural Crops Commercialization Project, SAII plans to start a project that will address Food and Nutrition related issues to the community in Homabay. The project aims to transform food and nutrition security and will operate as a multi-sector project integrating agriculture and nutrition. The project will demonstrate nutrition behavioural change through agriculture as a means of addressing the prevalent cases of malnutrition. SAI will introduce nutrition sensitive agricultural food-chain practices to address the causes of malnutrition, through supporting the improvement in agricultural diversification and nutrient quality of crops grown.
The Agri-Nutrition Officer will therefore be responsible to support the running of the activities at the project by conducting training on key nutritional messages to households and communities in Homa bay.
- University degree in Home Economics or nutrition, Food Science other relevant disciplines with 2-3 years’ experience. Experienced nutritionist with a background in implementing agriculture related activities.
- Experience with conducting agri-nutrition activities in livelihood project is essential.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, at all levels as well as the ability to report to and advise the project coordinator on emerging issues.
- Able to work on own initiative with a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Community conflict resolution skills.
- Computer literacy with good knowledge of office applications is required.
- Excellent knowledge of the local language is an added advantage.
- They must be willing to be based in the field and work closely with beneficiary communities.
Candidates who meet the requirements should send their CV and a cover letter motivating their interest in the position, detailing current and expected salary and Skype and mobile contacts by COB (23th December 2020) and follow the application instructions on the site.
Sustainable Agricultural Information Initiative (SAII), is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates, whose CVs are received into our database will be contacted