Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Executive Director will be the Principal Officer of the Institute and will be accountable to the Council for all operations and programmes of the Institute. S/he will in accordance with requirement of the Act, perform duties of Secretary to the Council and hence be responsible for the organization of Council meetings and implementation of its decisions,policies and programmes.S/he will be expected to work in close liaison with the Chairperson and Committees of the Council in fulfillment of obligations of the office of Executive Director. S/he will be expected to provide focused leadership and direction for the Institute in its mission to develop and promote the Human Resource profession within the realms of the Institute’s goal, objectives and programmes. In tandem, s/he will provide Council with sufficient and accurate information on all issues pertinent on a timely basis.
- Provide strategic leadership to the Institute to help the Council achieve the corporate goals and objectives through development and implementation of the Strategic Plan of the Institute.
- Develop innovative resource mobilization plans to facilitate implementation and sustainability of various programmes.
- Provide oversight of the day-to-day operations in pursuit of the Institute goal and mission as well as to ensure compliance with national laws and policies
- Foster ethical and professional practice, effective communication, national values and generally a friendly work environment among staff,and relations with Council and stakeholders as would be worthy of the Institute image.
- Foster and develop strategic partnerships and networks for effective advocacy and to contribute to building public policy.
- Develop, implement and manage the work-plans and budgets including ensuring prudent financial and other resource utilization.
- Provide regular reports to the Council indicating progress in attaining the strategic goals and supervise all staff of the Institute and ensure highest standards of discipline are upheld.
- Create a conducive environment for attracting, retaining, and motivating staff through development and implementation of an appropriate staff performance management system.
- Ensure the implementation of the Council’s policies and decisions, develop and submit to the Council business plans, annual operating budgets and strategic plans for consideration and approval from time to time.
- Oversee and promote best practices in the procurement process of goods and services by ensuring that the laid down procurement regulations and guidelines are strictly complied with.
- Represent the Institute in relevant national, regional and international fora and meetings in furtherance of interests of the Institute
- A Degree in Human Resource, Business Administration / Business Management or any other social science degree from a recognized university.
- A Masters’ degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or equivalent.
- A Higher National Diploma –HRM or CHRP-K Certification.
- Have at least ten (10) years relevant experience five (5) of which should be at senior management level in the human resource function.
- Membership of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) and hold a valid Practicing Certificate.
- A good understanding and knowledge of local and international Labour Laws.
- Demonstrable knowledge of strategic leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of finance, corporate governance, national laws and policies and ability to link them to the Institute’s mission.
- Ability to develop and implement performance management systems and to provide support to the HR profession.
- Have good communication, analytic, interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Demonstrable exposure to a computerized working environment.
- Comply with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
- Be of high level of integrity and accountability
- Team player
In addition, all applicants should submit certified copies of the clearance certificates from the following Institutions:
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Appointment to the position will be on athree(3) years term contract.
How To Apply
If you fit the profile of this role and are interested in this challenging opportunity, submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, current salary, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference of the position directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on 4th January, 2021. IHRM will only process applications submitted through the online address given and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.