Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) is a State corporation established under the Universities Act, 2012 to coordinate the placement of Government – sponsored students to universities and colleges, among other functions.
The Placement Service invites applications for the following positions.
Director, Corporate Services
(Ref. Code KUCCPS 045/20)
Responsible to the CEO for the overall management and administration of the Corporate Services Directorate.
Successful applicant will be hired on a five-year contract terms renewable on mutual agreement and subject to meeting set performance targets
1. Developing and overseeing the implementation of a dynamic corporate strategy that is able to deliver exemplary services and results as envisioned in the strategic plan;
2. Developing the Placement Service’s budget and continuously monitor and evaluate its implementation;
3. Giving oversight to the Placement Service financial affairs and advise the Placement Service on financial planning strategies and policies;
4. Ensuring effective and efficient management of the Placement Service’s Resources including Finances and Assets;
5. Ensuring the provision of meaningful, accurate and prompt management accounts and reports to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board;
6. Negotiating with banks and donors for appropriate support;
7. Giving oversight to the Placement Service’s human capital affairs, ensuring that the Placement Service has the right and sufficient human resource to meet its objectives;
8. Ensuring that current and future space and other facility needs are provided for;
9. Providing oversight for effective records management operations;
10. Overseeing performance management system in the Placement Service;
11. Participating in the development and review of the Institution’s strategic plan;
12. Ensuring compliance with labour laws, public, Public Financial Management Act, IPSAS and IFRS and ISO Standards;
13. Reviewing the Corporate Services business plans in line with the overall strategic objectives and government performance contract; and
14. Overseeing operations of HRM, Administration, ICT and Finance & Accounting departments.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must:
1. Have a minimum period twelve (12) years relevant work experience and at least five (5) years in a management position in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
2. Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields:- Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
3. Have a Master’s Degree in any of the following fields: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
4. Have professional qualification and membership to a relevant professional body;
5. Leadership Course lasting not less than 4 weeks from a recognized institution; and
6. Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity. Applicants should have clearance certificates from the following bodies:
a. Kenya Revenue Authority;
b. Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
c. Higher Educations Loans Board;
d. A licensed Credit Reference Bureau;
e. Directorate of Criminal Investigations
Applications should either be submitted through the:
1. Online Placement Service careers portal https://careers.kuccps.net by interested applicants creating their profiles, duly filling the online application form and attaching copies of their CVs, academic certificates, clearance certificates and testimonials before submitting the application.
2. Email address firstname.lastname@example.org by interested applicants indicating the job being applied for on the subject line, submitting application letters, detailed CVs, academic certificates, clearance certificates and testimonials.
3. No hard copies will be accepted.
The application deadline is January 11th, 2021 at 5.00pm.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply including those who may have previously applied or experienced challenges while attempting to apply.
The Placement Service is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disabilities, women and applicants from marginalised regions are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.