Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) is a State corporation established under the Universities Act, 2012 to coordinate the placement of Government – sponsored students to universities and colleges, among other functions.
The Placement Service invites applications for the following positions.
Director, Placement Coordination & Career Services
Ref. Code KUCCPS 043/20
Responsible to the CEO for the overall management and administration of the Placement Coordination and Career Development Directorate.
Successful applicant will be hired on a five-year contract terms renewable on mutual agreement and subject to meeting set performance targets.
1. Coordinating the development of policies and procedures;
2. Coordinating, reviewing and updating criteria for placement of government sponsored students;
3. Coordinating provision of the updated criteria for placement of government sponsored students to universities and colleges;
4. Coordinating the maintenance of an updated data base with students’ data from KNEC;
5. Coordinating registration of eligible institutions and their programmes for placement;
6. Coordinating the receipt, validation and updating of the declared capacities for universities and colleges programmes;
7. Coordinating the guidance of students on application processes;
8. Coordinating the receiving of data on students’ application to universities and colleges;
9. Coordinating the Processing of Placement of students to Universities and Colleges;
10. Coordinating the processing of Inter Institution Transfers;
11. Coordinating the maintenance an updated database of placement returns from Universities and Colleges;
12. Coordinating the provision of a platform for stakeholder engagement and consultations on matters of placement;
13. Coordinating development of policies and procedures;
14. Coordinating development, reviewing and updating of programmes for career development;
15. Coordinating the implementation of approved policies, strategies and programmes for career development;
16. Coordinating sensitization of students on the relationship between career paths, programmes offered at universities and colleges, and subjects undertaken in schools;
17. Coordinating the provision of career guidance and counseling services to teachers, parents and other stakeholders; and
18. Coordinating the development of specifications for use of information Communications Technology in career development.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must:
1. Have a minimum period twelve (12) years relevant work experience and at least five (5) years in a management position in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
2. Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields:- Education, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Studies or Development Studies or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
3. Have a Master’s Degree in any of the following fields: Education, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Studies or Development Studies or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
4. Have professional qualification and membership to a relevant professional body;
5. Leadership Course lasting not less than 4 weeks from a recognized institution; and
6. Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity. Applicants should have clearance certificates from the following bodies:
a. Kenya Revenue Authority;
b. Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
c. Higher Educations Loans Board;
d. A licensed Credit Reference Bureau;
e. Directorate of Criminal Investigations
Applications should either be submitted through the:
1. Online Placement Service careers portal https://careers.kuccps.net by interested applicants creating their profiles, duly filling the online application form and attaching copies of their CVs, academic certificates, clearance certificates and testimonials before submitting the application.
2. Email address firstname.lastname@example.org by interested applicants indicating the job being applied for on the subject line, submitting application letters, detailed CVs, academic certificates, clearance certificates and testimonials.
3. No hard copies will be accepted.
The application deadline is January 11th, 2021 at 5.00pm.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply including those who may have previously applied or experienced challenges while attempting to apply.
The Placement Service is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disabilities, women and applicants from marginalised regions are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.