Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO) is an internationally-recognized grassroots organization that unlocks the potential of urban slum dwellers to lead hopeful and fulfilling lives. SHOFCO disrupts survival mode by providing critical services including health care, clean water, education, and economic empowerment; and linking these efforts to a community-led advocacy platform. SHOFCO currently impacts over 350,000 individuals across 10 urban slums in Kenya, and is the largest employer in Kibera. SHOFCO is a trusted name and service provider in Kibera with a 10-year track record. For more information, please visit www.shofco.org.
To be responsible for creating a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; this is aimed at ultimately developing a generation of strong, ethical, community centered female leaders of tomorrow.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Teach STEM & science to students.
- Develop STEM Term plans and instructional worksheets.
- Provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Create and use variety of digital instruction strategies,
- Translate lesson plans into learning coding experiences.
- Establish and maintain an ergonomic functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Inculcate growth in digital technology literacy.
- Prepare progress reports and keep records.
- coordinate practicals and projects at both the internal and external levels.
- Supporting staff and colleagues in facilitation of digital lessons.
- Coordinate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Collaborating with the sister school to improve the STEM curriculum.
- Select and requisition of equipment and instructional aids.
- Maintain required inventory records.
- Supervise students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Administer group standardized tests in accordance with school and national testing program.
- Participate in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participate in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Bachelor Degree in Education with STEM option
- P1 with strong STEM knowledge
- Coding knowledge for the elementary level.
- Should be registered with Teachers Service Commission
Other requirements (unique/job specific)
- At least three years of teaching experience specifically STEM
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a diverse team of teachers
- Articulating information
- Adopting practical approaches
- Providing insights
- Taking action
- Establishing rapport
- Valuing individuals
- Inviting feedback
- Understanding people
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to email@example.com quoting their current and expected salaries. The Subject should clearly indicate the position being applied for. Applications without this information will not be considered. Shortlisting will be done on a roll out basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.