Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast Fiber optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
Responsible for managing the marketing requirements of Telkom Kenya business segment, the head of Marketing-Digital will work with Telkom Kenya’ Digital Division and other cross functional teams in developing and executing clear and effective marketing plans, strategies and guidelines to address business market segment needs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Own and drive market segmentation and sizing activities aimed at establishing business potential and ensuring effective targeting and positioning in the four key business market segments
- Define product positioning, pricing and tariff structures, as well as launch key offers, services, & promotions to drive uptake.
- Support the promotional and branding requirements for the business including product brochures and catalogues, sales toolkits and folders, point of sale materials, marketing campaigns, merchandize requirements and customer events, working with the relevant teams.
- Responsible for monitoring competitor activity, market and industry trends and evolving customer needs to inform our strategic and competitive response. Support with marketing drives and initiatives aimed at extracting more revenues from our customers.
- Own and updates the Business Segment marketing score card, which analyses all the drivers to local revenues.
- Manage and close monitoring of churn across all segments and developing retention initiatives specific each segment.
- Shares market and consumer research information with Sales, SME & Corporate sales to enable the function to focus its business development activities and benefit from all available business building opportunities
- Maintain visibility of market evolution and adapt marketing strategy to meet new demands and changes in the competitive landscape. Use quantitative and qualitative data to understand customer behaviour and apply those insights to the marketing strategy.
- Provide information concerning own training needs and support training interventions
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the Telkom products and services, policies and procedures
- Take responsibility for self-development through self-study, identification of learning opportunities
Academic Background and Professional Knowledge
- CIM Membership & Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent
- 8-10 years Marketing Management
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales/marketing or related field
- Knowledge of the Telco Industry & good understanding of enterprise services and solutions
Here are the skills we are lookign for
- Excellent skills in sales presentation, competitive proposal writing and business reporting
- Brand and Marketing management
- Product management
- Commercial skills with strong ability to build business cases
- Project management
- Marketing communications
- Strong coaching skills and leadership skills
- Results oriented
- Analytical and problems solving skills
- Networking and inter-personal skills
- Consulting, Facilitation and Selling skills
How to Apply:
Application should be sent to email@example.com by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 23rd December 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.