Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
KEY PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluating and monitoring portfolio performance to ensure consistency across clients with broadly similar mandates while seeking to achieve out-performance against agreed return benchmarks.
- Identifying and executing appropriate asset allocation strategies with due regard to managing portfolio risks and regulatory compliance aspects.
- Developing, reviewing and managing client assets in accordance with the mandate. This includes liaising with the back office & external service providers on enquiries regarding the accuracy of client portfolios information & subsequent follow ups regarding their amendments.
- Leading the team in executing client reporting actions on a timely basis in respect of monthly fact sheets for the Unit Trust Fund mandates, periodical third party reporting as required, as well as regular thematic thought leadership investment notes targeting current and prospective clientele.
- Leading the team by offering clear guidance regarding the research and analysis to be carried out on companies and sectors, as well as oversee the collation of third party research from reputable sources against which internal research findings/opinions may be compared.
- Participating in the management earnings call reviews particularly for stocks with representation in the client portfolios and share key takeaways from them with the management and investment committee for their appreciation.
- Developing concise investment recommendation notes for the appreciation of the management investment committee, pension fund trustees or other such clients for their due consideration.
- Demonstrating proactivity in client service by providing advice, statements, responding to queries etc. and coordinating the team’s response in various client related matters on an ongoing basis with a view to enhancing client retention or client acquisition.
- Leading the team in conducting due diligence on brokers, banks and other service providers and recommend a bank panel and respective limits to the management investment committee for their consideration.
- Reviewing & monitoring of the dealer’s transactions with brokers, banks and other service providers and reporting back to management and investment committee regarding their alignment to the overall strategy to be executed, as well as compliance with established limits.
- Contributing & supporting the General Manager in meeting overall business objectives e.g., through marketing initiatives via online or in-person methods, responding to tenders, actively sourcing for new business to contribute to product development and other such business initiatives that may arise from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or any relatable area of focus.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – the candidate must be able to demonstrate an ability to clearly articulate investment insights to a wide range of clientele, and be able to accommodate different points of view, while generating consensus to the extent possible.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to precisely tailor investment pitches to the anticipated audience in terms of communicating the value proposition inter alia.
- Ability to quickly acclimatize to the investment management platform in use; familiarity with innova inter alia preferable.
- A keen sense of attention to detail in respect of high quality output on client investment notes or fact sheets, investment pitch documents or requests for proposal inter alia.
- Strong research capabilities borne of an intellectual curiosity regarding the investment prospects of opportunities that are under consideration for client investments.
- An energetic individual, able to transmit a ‘can-do’ attitude through the team in respect of the attainment of company and investment objectives for clients, and align the teams’ strengths for maximum efficiency.
- Investment qualifications from credible institutions such as the CFA Institute would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated pursuit of professional qualifications such as the CFA /CPA II /ACCA II or equivalent will be an advantage.
- At least 4 to 6 years of relevant experience in investment management across a wide range of asset classes such as unit trust and third party investment mandates.
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org