Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Seeking an entrepreneurial, experienced leader to take charge of the expansion of ILARA Health’s innovative diagnostics platform in Kenya
At Ilara Health, we equip a network of small, peri-urban healthcare providers with life-saving and essential diagnostic tools to improve the quality of medical care across sub-Saharan Africa. As informal businesses, these clinics and pharmacies lack access to the traditional financial services typically used by SMEs to support their growth. Through smart financing options, Ilara Health connects these small businesses to revenue generating diagnostic assets that enable them to both develop their business and improve the quality of care they provide to their patients.
Our underlying technology seamlessly integrates these devices into a single user-friendly patient management platform that communicates these test results as well as health insights and patient reminders for better quality care. This platform acts as a provider facing tool that provides clinics with flexible means to improve care outside of the facility through messaging channels and a simple patient portal, while simultaneously giving them the ability to collect and view complete data generated by their diagnostic devices.
You will be responsible for the growth of ILARA Health’s business across Kenya as a whole. The Country GM is by far the most demanding position ILARA Health has to offer – requiring talent, leadership, and an entrepreneurial drive.
This is first and foremost a role for a strong marketer, focusing on reaching new clients and extending the ILARA Health brand across the healthcare system in Kenya. Operational excellence, sales, growth, finance, customer support, local marketing, supply chain management, other supporting functions, all of these sit under the GM. Continual improvement and a quality focus are the name of the game. ILARA Health believes in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding the local market and delivering custom messages is important. This is where creativity meets analytics head on.
You enjoy challenges, are flexible, can work long / irregular hours (when needed), and you can deal with ambiguity / ever-changing demands on your time & productive capacity. You want to be an owner (stock options / long-term incentive compensation) and you aspire to ascend into a leadership role in a fast-growing start-up.
- 6+ years of consulting, investment banking, marketing, operations management experience or experience leading and building startups in the region, preferably in Kenya
- Proven track record of managing and growing $1m+ P&L
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a get stuff done attitude
- Relevant experience in consumer service marketing is helpful
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Entrepreneurial DNA and fear tolerance of a honey-badger
- Proven track record of establishing, optimizing, and running scalable processes across business units
- Live healthier than ever: employees are showered with healthcare benefits
- Work with a team of AAA entrepreneurs and professionals from all over the world
- Ground floor opportunity: shape the strategic direction of the company
- Make a difference – we are changing the way primary care is delivered in emerging markets
- Get access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that are actively engaged
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan