Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Port Captain with extensive experience in Operations to join our Africa Liner Operations Cluster.
The role will be based in Mombasa, Kenya and includes Kenya, Tanzania, and Horn of Africa Port locations, reporting to the General Manager – Head of Husbanding, based in South Africa.
You will be expected to ensure physical presence on the operation location and to maintain relations with the terminals and ports in order to achieve high performance on Maersk Line vessels.
We offer a position in a challenging and ever-changing environment in which you will sharpen your industry knowledge as well as your communication skills and techniques relevant to the Operations.
You will be expected to:
– Lead your team, providing coaching, training and improving their execution processes
– Drive and improve port productivity and reduce vessel port stay by aligning with the marine berth and schedule teams in Cape Town
– Constant analysis of operational execution for the onsite location followed by reviews and improvement plans to report to the Marine Division
– Monitor compliance to Maersk Line operation standards, spot improvement areas and immediately initiate action to resolve them while making sure relevant stakeholders are involved
– Build and maintain good and strong relationships with both Internal and External stakeholders while continuously engaging with them to protect Maersk Line’s operational interests
– Ensure your team is fully equipped with operational and safety tools to execute the operations
– Drive the communication behavior persistently so the team is constantly aligned with the 24hr teams in Cape Town
– Support the AFRLOC and the local organization make well informed choices between commercial upsides and operational exposures
We are looking for
We are looking for a driven individual with the following:
– A Degree in any Business related course
– At least 10 years working experience in Operational roles (ideally in container terminals, local operations and/or stowage co-ordination)
– Project and Change management experience
– Knowledge of continuous improvement process would be an advantage
– Analytical: able to understand and process available information received from multiple sources thereby enabling effective decision-making
– Detail orientated able to understand logical process flows
– Collaborative with sharp communication skills – both written and verbal
– Capable of successfully coping in a highly pressurized environment
– Excellent Leadership qualities as well as relationship management skills- both within one’s own working environment and externally
– Able to demonstrate initiative and work independently towards success
– Resilient in order to implement outstanding solutions
Last application date: 27/12/2020