Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Priory of Kenya of the Order of St. John, commonly known as St John Ambulance, is a First Aid and Health Charity established under Cap. 259 of the Laws of Kenya. The Organization envisions being a world-class volunteer organization, providing first aid training, emergency response and community care in Kenya. St John, is looking for an experienced, value driven and motivated individual with excellent leadership skills and strategic focus to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer.
Based in Nairobi and reporting to the Council through the Prior / Chairman, the CEO will be responsible for the day to day operations and financial management of the organization. The CEO will also liaise with the International Office, manage volunteers and multiple stakeholder relationships to ensure on-going value alignment, sustainability and operational resilience.
- Provide strategic leadership to the Secretariat at the Headquarters and eight Regions to support the Council achieve goals and objectives through strategy, business plans, budgets, policies and risk management frameworks.
- Advise the Council on policy matters that affect areas of governance and strategy and be responsible for the effective and efficient implementation of the strategic plan.
- Identify, enhance and develop partnerships and collaboration opportunities that support income generation, fund raising and optimal service delivery with third parties.
- Engage, enhance and develop the volunteer network and develop suitable programs
- Oversee the financial management and reporting of the organization to maintain prudent investments and surplus reserve funds.
- Oversee the operations and administration of the Secretariat to meet the Organization’s strategic plan.
- Review and ensure a robust risk management and compliance framework and ensure timely reports for monitoring, evaluation and mitigation actions.
- Ensure ongoing legal and regulatory compliance across all operational aspects.
- Foster ethical and professional service, and national values.
- Promote service to humanity among staff, volunteers and all stakeholders.
- Over 15 years of work experience at senior leadership and board level. Volunteer experience will have a distinct advantage.
- A Bachelor’s degree in management, social sciences, public health, business administration or relevant field. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
Download full and detailed job description here: Detailed Job Description Download
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to send an application letter and a curriculum vitae indicating current position, current salary and name and contacts of three professional referees to email@example.com by 14th January 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
St. John is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.