Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
AIC Githumu Mission Hospital is an award-winning mission hospital located in Githumu 45km west of Thika Town in Muranga County.
For generations, we have grown up to be among the best mission hospitals in Muranga and in Kenya, because of our excellent standards and the high quality of services and personal care we provide.
We are searching for Kenya’s smartest and most caring Anesthetist who wants to become amazing all-around evidence-based providers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Meeting patients before their procedure to conduct pre-operative examinations (which includes measuring weight, height, fluid levels etc).
- Determining appropriate anaesthetic or sedation for patients based on pre-operative examination and prior medical history.
- Explaining anaesthetic process to patients and re-assuring them before they are led into the operating theatre under their supervision.
- Administering appropriate types of anaesthesia (local, regional, general or sedation) to patients via a variety of methods including inhalation or intravenous injection.
- Recording vital details, including type of anaesthesia administered, dosage, method of administration and patient’s condition.
- Positioning patients on operating tables, ensuring they are warm and comfortable.
- Monitoring patients throughout their medical procedure and dealing immediately with any problems that arise.
- Safely waking patients from their procedure whilst maintaining appropriate levels of pain killer/sedation without causing unnecessary nausea and side-effects.
- Working cooperatively with other medical professions, including surgeons and theatre nurses to manage patients from end-to-end and deal with chronic pain complaints etc.
- Anaesthetist jobs may also involve training medical students and fellow medical professionals on patient care related to the administration of anaesthetic agents.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery/ Nursing
- Higher diploma in Anaesthesia
- Registered by relevant body
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience.
Send your Application letter and CV and state how your experience matches the specifications via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st December, 2020.