Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The senior officer will be responsible of ensuring that Finserve provides products and services to merchants and the end customers safely and securely, protected by the most effective systems and monitored by a highly skilled team. At the same time identifying and managing the company’s risk and ensuring it is in line with the company’s risk appetite; and staff are trained on fraud prevention and risk management.
- Fraud prevention:
- Detect, control and prevent fraudulent activities on the transaction level.
- Perform daily transactions monitoring and action accordingly.
- Set, implement and monitor the transactions verification process within specified timelines and threshold.
- Identify fraudulent patterns within the system, develop solutions and enhance the system to address the patterns and in turn detect, prevent and reduce fraud cases as per the set threshold.
- Develop and track key indicators like Dashboards, MIS and Triggers to identify potential fraud threats and process defects.
- Develop procedures and policies that govern day to day operations in fraud prevention to prevent and reduce fraud cases.
- Prepare, analyse and present required fraud prevention reports.
- Educate staff and merchants on fraud prevention and associated
- Identify areas that require increased security controls to protect the organization and its end users from future fraud.
- Risk management:
- Generate, analyse and present reports of clients-risk performance and analyze causes of their risk failures, find measures to mitigate so as to secure all clients and merchants.
- Develop procedures and policies that govern day to day operations in risk management to prevent reduce merchant fraud cases.
- In charge of risk investigations:
- Interview and elicit information from staff, merchants and customers that help resolve risk matters.
- Write reports, and document evidence, findings, and recommendations for all fraud and risk cases.
- Ensure confidentiality of all information collected during investigation and determine existing fraud trends by analyzing accounts and transaction patterns.
- Train and share these findings with other staff members.
- Lead in projects involving fraud prevention and risk management systems. That includes developing fraud analysis models.
- Protect the merchants and the bank from malpractice.
- Monitor and manage risk.
- Ensure fraud prevention controls are in place and monitored.
- Analyse current risks and identify potential risks and implement various ways to mitigate; through a risk analysis process.
- Recommend remedial and contingency plans on risks.
- Monitor merchants’ risk on a daily basis and support the same with reports.
- Ensure compliance adherence.
- Compliant with government and international Card Schemes’ regulations.
- Define and control the operational risk on transaction and merchant level through;
- KYC (Know Your Customer) process when on boarding merchants.
- Scoring profiles per merchant industry.
- Merchant Risk Analysis.
- Ensure that the merchant is meeting the guidelines prescribed by the bank.
- Velocity Control.
- Fraud prevention and risk management monitoring tools.
- Audit the company’s processes and procedures and implement solutions to fix the gaps identified.
- Prepare reports on risk performance of different clients, analyze the reports and come up with recommendations on how to mitigate any fraudulent occurrences.
Key Critical Competencies:
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with customers, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. And able to build rapport quickly.
- Excellent in communication (verbal and written) with strong presentation and reporting skills.
- Good in data analysis and strong presentation skills.
- Has attention to detail, with strong analytical and investigation skills.
- Passionate, innovative and a team player.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a performance driven, fast-paced organization and able to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and can work with minimum supervision.
- A bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or any other business discipline from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years experience in banking, financial services or the technology
- Proven track record and display of experience in fraud prevention or risk management in financial services, ecommerce or payments.
- Experience in the fintech industry is a plus.
- Advanced MS excel skills.
- Enjoy working at a start-up environment and not afraid to jump in and get things done.
30th Dec 2020