Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Locum Nurses – 5 POSTS – One month Contract from January, 2021
Overall Role Purpose:
The Locum Nurse is charged with the responsibility of offering medical services to students and promoting good health.
•Manage and coordinate the Academy’s health services program based on requirements established by the Academy’s policies, procedures, and protocols, and by the Ministry of Health regulations.
•Provide basic medical services and First Aid to students and organize referrals to specialists when necessary.
•Carry out regular surveillance checks on the students to ensure their continued health e.g. regular testing and annual medical check-up.
•Maintain clinic equipment and assess and ensure the supply of consumable supplies on an ongoing basis.
• Organizing for students’ treatment at the approved hospital by the Academy.
• Administer and monitor student medication as prescribed by themselves, the Clinician, or doctor.
• Issue drugs and care and monitor adherence to students with long-term medical conditions
• Order, Record, Store drugs in line with the Academy Policy
• Assess and evaluate the health and developmental status of students for the purpose of identifying physical disorders and other factors affecting the learning process.
• Design health maintenance plans for the purpose of addressing student’s health needs
• Keep student medical records
• Refer students requiring further medical attention as per the Academy guidelines.
• Respond to medical emergency situations for the purpose of addressing immediate safety concerns.
• Report students with a reportable contagious disease to the line manager and school administration where necessary.
• Liaise with the local health authorities to keep abreast of any updates on regulatory changes and public health alerts.
• Accompany students to medical appointments off-campus and follow up and visiting of students admitted at the partner hospital(s).
• Offer customized nursing care plans for special cases that need special care e.g. pregnancy, newly diagnosed chronic illnesses, mental illnesses.
• Giving health talks and raising awareness on relevant health issues affecting students
• Offering first aid to staff
• Organizing medical examination
• Liaise with parents/guardians regarding medical issues affecting their children and being part of case management teams with other relevant academy staff and external stakeholders on cases e.g. pertaining to abuse etc.
• Drafting of necessary policies affecting the health and well-being of students.
• Reporting any issues pertaining to Child Safeguarding and Protection.
• Bachelor degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing from a recognized medical training institution (KMTC)
• Up to date registration with the nursing council
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in inventory management to ensure that there are no stock-outs.
Send your Application Letter and CV as one document stating your current position, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
Indicating the Title of position and Reference Number on the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those submitted through Email will be considered. The closing date for the applications is C.O.B Monday 21st December 2020.