Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are pleased to announce the following Position in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Manager – MPESA Partner Management, the position holder will be responsible for providing technical support, troubleshooting and monitoring Mpesa application 24 hrs. to ensure 99.99% availability of the system
- Ensure data and/or application availability of the assigned systems and applications
- Participate in design , testing and implementation of new products, services, functionalities or upgrades
- Use software skills to automate repetitive tasks within M-PESA system and the ecosystem
- Document and perform business continuity tests
- Analyze code and communicate detailed reviews to development teams to ensure a marked improvement in applications and the timely completion of projects
- Optimize existing software design architectures and ensure new architecture provide always on solutions
- Provide support for core M-PESA and related interfaces
- Perform systems and applications monitoring and identify events that would potentially lead to incident or service disruption
- Collaborate with team members to improve processes, tools, systems and procedures
- Participate and provide input to the M-PESA roadmap to ensure timely delivery of relevant products to Safaricom Customers;
- Work with the external and internal teams to ensure efficient resolution of system issues
- Implement DevOps technologies and processes e.g containerization
- Engage stakeholders to ensure new functionality, processes and systems are fully understood
- Transfer system knowledge to internal customers on new features and support processes
- Prepare and publish accurate and timely system performance reports
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues on the assigned systems and apply a work around or a permanent solution to resolve within SLA
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal or external teams and follow up to ensure they are satisfactorily closed
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to stakeholders on assigned tasks
- Ensure all issues are logged in the service management tool, properly prioritized and accurate resolution details updated in the ticket
- Maintain cordial relationships with internal and external partners/stakeholders
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field as a minimum
- Minimum 2 years of work experience as an engineer in a telecommunications or financial services environment (vendor or operator)
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Expertise in system monitoring and alerting strategies and can draw on their experience to drive improvements in system monitoring with automation, third party tools and frameworks
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Software development skills preferably in Java, Python.
- Knowledge in ITIL Service Operations processes and Agile methodology. Certification in Scrum fundamentals or higher is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge in dev ops and dev ops tools like Github
- Knowledge in Tibco is an added advantage
- Knowledge in mobile money systems, integrations or Financial systems
- Must be able to work without supervision & meet tight deadlines
- Good presentation skills
- Proactive & self-motivated
Last date to apply: 24th Dec 2020