Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job
Position: Project Manager (m/f/d) as Long-Term Expert (LTE)
Nature of Engagement: Full time
Job Location: Alego Nyangoma, Siaya County, Kenya
- Establishment of the project infrastructure in Alego, Kenya
- Planning, coordination, and implementation of project activities
- Coordination and organisation of project education and training measures for Kenyan partners
- Organisation and assistance with the conceptualisation and implementation of project
- consultations and trainings in Alego, Kenya
- Constant dialogue and consultation with project coordinator and partners
- Assistance to short-term experts
- Preparation and organisation of project consultation missions and delegation visits
- Ongoing project monitoring and evaluation
- Coordination and communication with project stakeholders, such as official bodies, ministries,
- institutions, chambers, associations, diplomatic corps, and others
- Processing of project procurements (subcontracting, purchase of equipment etc)
- Reporting and accounting to the local Project Implementation Partner (Sauti Kuu Foundation)
- Reporting and accounting to the German Project Partner (Hannover Chamber of Skilled Crafts)
- Business travel, when and as applicable, within Kenya and to Germany
Requirements:Qualifications/ Graduation Degree
University degree (Bachelor or Master Degree) in Education – Arts (B.ED)
Professional, Personal and Social competences:
- Sound work experiences in the management of complex (international) projects
- Knowledge and professional handling of relevant Project Management instruments and methods
- Preferably work experience in the VET sector.
- Experiences in working in or with Chambers or Associations in the field of skilled crafts is beneficial
- Intercultural skills, e.g. proven by several years of professional experience working in a multi-
- cultural environment
- High level language skills in
o English – requiredo Swahili – preferable o German – desired
- Ability to communicate and to work in an international team
- Organisational skills, independent and well-structured style of working
- A sovereign, empathetic and convincing personality
- responsible and reliable
The project is designed to prepare young people in rural Western Kenya (Siaya and Kisumu Counties) through a one-year orientation course, to make an informed decision with regards to which skilled craft they would like to pursue professionally through vocational training. The planned scope of the project includes the phases: vocational skills orientation training courses; the development of soft skills and social competencies; as well as the preparation for a transition into further vocational training or employment.
The project is funded by the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development coordinated by Sequa gGmbH.
If you are interested in the advertised vacancy please send your documents including a covering application letter, CV, and further relevant documents and references email@example.com: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should reach the above email contacts on or before 4th January 2021.