Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgement of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services, SafeCare level 5 accreditation and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The hospital is seeking to attract interested and qualified applicants to fill the position listed below:
Vacancy no: AKHK/NDNS/002
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Nursing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the provision of Quality Patient care and operational management during the night shift. ensures adequate hospital coverage, Plans, organizes and controls patient care services by ensuring consistent provision of efficient and ethical care to achieve quality health care in all units.
This person possesses the clinical and management knowledge and ability to provide guidance and assistance to nursing personnel and other healthcare team members in patient care situations.
S/he takes decisions related to patient admissions and discharges, financial management, bed management and hospital wide operations in the absence of the Senior Leadership Team. S/he facilitates the interpretation / implementation of policies and standards, efficiently performs duties related to shift supervision.
- Patient Care and Staff Management
- Ensures effective utilization of resources
- Clinical practice: Participates in development and implementation of policies for improvement of patient care and safety
- Perform daily rounds of the units including all patient areas
- Facilitates proper placement of patients by collaborating with relevant departments.
- Ensures proper flow of communication to the appropriate people in management regarding Hospital operational matters.
- Risk management: Responds promptly and appropriately to patient complaints, conflict or crisis situations and escalates.
- Prepare and provide detailed daily night reports
- Diploma in KRCHN or above.
- BLS certificate and other unit specific certification requirements.
- At least five years working experience in nursing practice, with three years in the Nursing Leadership role.
- Valid Kenyan Nursing Council practice license.
- Working knowledge of a Hospital Management Information System.
- Excellent PR and Communication skills.
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and vacancy number on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to email@example.com on or before 27th December 2020.
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, medical examination, or any fee)
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”