Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Communications and Advocacy Advisor, will be responsible for planning, execution and oversight of all CHReaD consortium related communication needs with a specific focus on R&D knowledge management, information sharing and documentation to inform advocacy efforts, policy and practice.
Academic and Professional Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in communications studies or Social Sciences required and Master’s degree in a related field
- At least 6 years of experience
- Experience managing partnerships to achieve ambitious results
- Communications, public relations or journalism experience
- Public health, global development or campaign experience
- Experience interpreting scientific literature and data for a lay audience
- Strong analytical, writing and verbal skills for communicating with a broad and diverse audience.
- Understanding of the health research and development process, including clinical trials and regulatory path.
- Experience working with media to develop in-depth stories on complex health topics
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-partner environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organisation
- Ability to plan, manage and work in high-pressure situations under tight deadlines
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
How to Apply
Interested? Please visit our website www.amref.org to view the full Job description. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account successfully in order for you to be able to submit your application. Deadline for submission: 31st December 2020. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Amref Health Africa in Kenya is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking.