Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reports to: Finance & Administration Officer
Direct Reports: Office Cleaner
One (1) Year Fixed Term Renewable Contract Subject to Performance and Availability of Funds
Starting Salary of the Pay Grade 4
Group Medical Cover (Principal & 3 Dependants)
Group Life Assurance Cover
WIBA Plus/Personal Accident Cover
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in reviewing all finance documents and ensuring adherence to finance policy & procedures before making payment
- Issuing of cash in line with Concern’s financial procedures & policies including ensuring the cashbox is stored securely during cash hours
- Conducting daily and weekly cash counts, reconciling cash balances to cashbook balances and reporting any discrepancy
- Preparing the float aging analysis report for review by Line Manager
- Posting all cash and mpesa transactions on a daily basis
- Properly labelling and filing all cash and mpesa documents and files
Administration And Basic IT User Support
- Monitoring all stationery & office supplies and utilities to ensure timely & adequate supply & proper utilisation
- Organising for and supervising housekeeping services – garbage collection, pest and rodent control and office cleaning to ensure a clean, health, safe and professional working environment**
- Working closely with the ICT to provide basic IT user support e.g. connecting staff to the internet, printers, copiers, shared folder etc.
- Working closely with ICT to maintain an updated asset and inventory register for Marsabit County and be responsible for the issuance and recovery of Concern assets and inventory in Marsabit
Stores and Distribution
- Releasing, issuing and receiving goods from and to the stores
- Verify all stock moving in and out of the stock to ensure that they are in good condition and quantities
- Ensuring appropriate forms are used, and authorization provided, for all stock movements
- Organising dispatch, loading and offloading of deliveries
- Ensuring proper and safe handling of stock
- Limiting access to the store and ensure that it is locked when unattended
- Ensuring the store is clean, neat and orderly at all times
- Ensure that materials are stacked safely with no risk of injury or damage and in such a way as to ensure ease of access
- Recording and reporting any stock damages, discrepancies or shortages
- Maintaining accurate and complete store records in line with Concern’s policy & procedures
Responding To Emergencies
- Participating and contributing as necessary towards Concern’s emergency response as and when necessary
- Complying with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
Concern Code Of Conduct And Associated Policies
- Adhering to the standards of conduct outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies
- To support and promote the standards outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct
Qualifications, Skills And Experience
A Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Public Administration or relevant field
- Professional certification ACCA/CPA – Minimum level II
- At least one (1) years’ experience in a similar role. Experience in an NGO or CBO is preferred
- Knowledge of and competency in common finance/accounting and administration, logistics processes and procedures
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, planning and organization skills
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili. Fluency in the local language is preferred.
- A proactive self-starter and achiever
How to Apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send their CV and Cover Letter Only to email@example.com with the subject of the email e.g ‘Officer Livelihoods –Tana River’ by 31 st December 2020.
Each application should include three (3) referees who can validate technical expertise.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.