Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Location: Marsabit with frequent travel upto 40% to project sites within Marsabit County Manager
One (1) Year Fixed Term Renewable Contract Subject to Performance and Availability of Funds
Starting Salary of the Pay Grade 5
Group Medical Cover (Principal & 3 Dependants)
Group Life Assurance Cover
WIBA Plus/Personal Accident Cover
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will be responsible for coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Marsabit county program. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will provide technical support and guidance in monitoring and evaluating to improve quality programing using the country M&E guideline and program toolkit to both program staff and government departments. The officer will take a role in promoting of key learnings for the improvement of the programmes in Marsabit and for wider learning of the organisation.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Direct Provision of M&E related Technical Support
- Develop the county program monitoring plan (PMP) of the projects in collaboration with county program manager and sector technical heads.
- Assist in the development and finalization of the costed work plan and implementation plan project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
- Assist in the revision of the program project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement.
- Develop the overall framework, for program M&E, quarterly review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems. Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
- Review the quality of existing data, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good information for result based management.
- Validating and verifying core indicators against the different sources of information. Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
- Compiling, analysing and reporting data for key programmatic outputs and outcomes indicators.
- Ensuring timely production of monthly, quarterly and annual donor reports based on agreed performance indicators.
- With collaborating partners and government department, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
- Develop a plan for project-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computer-based support that may be required. Building capacity of the programme teams on Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E) in collaboration with technical heads and M&E manger.
Oversight and Quality Assurance
- Working with the programme team to coordinate progream review meetings.
- Conducting regular field monitoring visits and provide feedback to relevant sector lead.
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to costed work plan.
- Document/ support documentation of best practices across all sectors in the programme area.
- Provide feedback to programme teams on projects’ performance based on monitoring data findings.
- Track and draw the attention of the line and technical managers on implementation progress and any deviation of the Annual Work Plan, Quarterly Costed Work Plan and Programme Toolkit.
- Monitoring of programme related trainings for quality and adherence to Concern SOPs.
- Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyse and aggregate findings.
Capacity Building, Collaboration and Learning
- Manage and regularly update a repository of all programme reports, surveys, etc. for the field level programme (Marsabit).
- Support emergency response activities as and where necessary. This includes compiling and tracking of emergency response related data at Marsabit level.
- Any other tasks as delegated by the line manager
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to managers on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
- Provide the county program manager with management information she/he may require.
- Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the county program manager and M&E
Concern’s Code of Conduct and Associated Policies
- Adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Concern’s Code of Conduct and Associated Policies
Qualifications, Skills And Experience
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Economics, Social Sciences or Equivalent. Advanced certificate in M&E and statistics preferred.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in professional experience in the field of M&E.
- Experience in coordinating and conducting Health and Nutrition surveys and evaluations highly desired.
- Excellent written and public communication and negotiation skills.
- Able to use statistical software (ENA for SMART, SPSS and STATA)Proven competency in ethical principles of research, statistical analysis and complex survey design and analysis
- Excellent report writing, communication, interpersonal, ToT, networking and coordination skills
- Proficient in the use of computer applications and ODK.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili
How to Apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send their CV and Cover Letter Only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email e.g ‘Officer Livelihoods –Tana River’ by 31 st December 2020.
Each application should include three (3) referees who can validate technical expertise.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.