Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who We Are
Girl Effect is a creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives.
Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development; a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create youth brands and mobile platforms for young people in ways that they love and interact with. We deliver these through the media and mobile tech that we use every day, from apps that build skills, to TV dramas they explore virtual issues, to magazines written by girls.
Context of Role.
Girl Effect’s Gender team integrates gender expertise into our social and behavioural change programming for girls, and into the ways we work as an organisation.
We are looking for a Gender Specialist to support the design and delivery of our programmes in geographies across Asia and Africa, to promote positive changes in health, economic empowerment and/or education.
The Gender Specialist will also ensure that Girl Effect remains up to date on the latest thinking, developments and evidence in the field of gender and support colleagues to mainstream best practice throughout the organisation.
You will be part of Girl Effect’s global Impact team, a multidisciplinary group of researchers, and experts in safeguarding, youth participation and social and behaviour change communications. You will also work with colleagues in our Programmes and Create teams to bring our programmes to life by supporting our country offices and product teams, who develop online programming through Springster [a global, social-first digital programme where girls discover stories that make them feel more connected, more visible and more valued] and our Chatbot.
What You’ll Do
- Lead technical support to Girl Effect’s Springster programme which is currently delivering programmes on sexual reproductive health and body confidence. Responsibilities could include research, content development and, where appropriate, partner liaison.
- As required, provide technical support to other Girl Effect programmes to ensure they are girl-centred and grounded in best practice approaches.
- Support the development and roll-out of Girl Effect’s approach to Gender Transformative programming.
- Spearhead our global gender mainstreaming and internal learning agenda, including but not limited to monthly newsletters, lunchtime discussions and training sessions.
- Support the Evidence team to undertake literature reviews, design research methodologies and tools, collect insights and analyse data to inform Girl Effect’s programme design and delivery.
- Work alongside the Marketing and Communications team to develop internal and external communications messaging. Including identifying potential new opportunities, writing blogs and conducting research.
- Manage logistics, agendas and minutes for monthly team and cross-functional meetings.
- Keep up to date with trends on girls’ rights, gender equality and social and behaviour change for girls within the sector, and use this knowledge to advise and update colleagues as needed.
Who You Are
- Degree or relevant experience in gender, human rights, development or social sciences or a similar field.
- Have a commitment to gender equality and an understanding of the specific issues faced by adolescent girls in the sorts of markets where we work.
- Cultural awareness and understanding of the geographies in which we operate.
- Experience in conducting and applying research to support practical outcomes.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, even when working under pressure.
- Comfortable taking direction and working without close supervision.
- Strong communication, writing and organisational skills.
- Ability to remain flexible and find solutions to challenges.
- Positive, energetic, can-do attitude.
- A creative and inquisitive mindset.
- Experience in sexual and reproductive health programming, and/or programming taking a gender transformative approach, is desirable.
What Else You Should Know
We are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven by this to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective.
At Girl Effect, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause to create a lasting impact. Shortlisted candidates will be assessed on our organisational values at the interview stage. The successful candidate(s) will be expected to adhere to our safeguarding policy. We encourage candidates to read and understand our safeguarding policy, the executive summary of which can be found here. We have zero-tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
This role is being recruited as a 12 month fixed term contract.
Closing date for applications: 4th January 2021