Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services.
Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI is currently seeking to fill a vacancy for the Kenya Crops & Dairy Market Systems (KCDMS) Activity which is part of the Feed the Future program, America’s initiative to combat global hunger and poverty.
In this regard, USAID is partnering with RTI International on a 5-year (Oct 2017 to Sept 2022) cooperative agreement – KCDMS Activity – to help increase agricultural production and reduce poverty and malnutrition in Kenya.
The project will also spur competitive, resilient market systems in Kenya’s horticulture and dairy sectors.
We seek to recruit an Agricultural Policy & Institutional Capacity Building Specialist to be based in the Nairobi office.
Job Summary: The Agricultural Policy & Institutional Capacity Building Specialist will facilitate public-private dialogue forums, engaging public sector stakeholders, including county governments, to and improve national and county level policy formulation related to target value chains.
The Specialist will support maintaining of relationships with key sector partners, donors, consultants, host country counterparts and stakeholders; collaborates with colleagues on technical, administrative, and strategic planning initiatives; ensures successful implementation of the project policy initiatives.
The Specialist will ensure best practices and lessons learned are captured and disseminated across project; may serve as a representative of the project to clients, stakeholders, and partners and providing key inputs for technical or management decisions.
- Master’s degree in public administration, policy, economics, business, agricultural or rural development and 1 year of experience or bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience.
- Experience in agricultural policy or market systems projects.
- Experience in economic growth, agricultural development, or governance programs are required.
- Demonstrated understanding of private sector agribusiness and investment; Knowledge of market facilitation approach (or M4P) is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Kenyan agricultural policy environment, including policy development at national and county levels; food safety standards, traceability systems, seed and fertilizer policies, and animal feed policies.
- Knowledge of global best practices for local governance and accountability.
- Experience in Kenya is required.
- Ability to build consensus and demonstrated ability to work in high performing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage and sustain stakeholder partnerships with diverse players, especially with various government agencies and private sector, to achieve development results
Interested candidates should visit this link http://m.rfer.us/RTIsuh8Re and apply by December 31, 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
RTI does not permit any payment requests demanded during any part of the hiring process.
If such requests are made, please report it to the RTI Ethics Office via HRethics@rti.org.
Any candidate making any payment will be disqualified from consideration for future employment with RTI.