Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Contribute to raising AWARD’s regional and global profile in generating, compiling, curating, and disseminating evidence-based knowledge for gender-responsive agricultural research and development. The incumbent will assist the M&E unit in conducting research, monitoring,evaluation, and data analysis activities to ensure the achievement of AWARD goals, mission, and vision.
Monitoring and evaluation
- Support the upgrading and Implementation of AWARD M&E System: The officer will support the initiative to upgrade the AWARD’s M&E system and its implementation that ensures the collection and management of quality data. That includes updating the ToC, Result Framework, indicators, develop/review of M&E strategy, build and maintain a uniform and consistent data collection and reporting, and ensuring consistent and timely application of all components of the M&E system. Furthermore, the position holder will support establishing data quality protocols, as well as managing data and information for easy retrieval and analysis.
- M&E data collection and analysis: The incumbent will contribute to M&E processes, including developing M&E tracking forms and tools, involve in timely data collection, analysis, and reflection. He/she will track key performance indicators and support ongoing critical reviews of progress on results for program improvement and learning.
- Reporting processes: The officer will be involved in report writing activities. She/he will ensure sound and accurate data are compiled and reported in a timely and useful manner in appropriate formats to key stakeholders (clients, partners, AWARD team, senior management, steering committee, and donors). He/she will also be extensively involved in writing internal and external reports.
- Knowledge generation and dissemination: The incumbent will contribute to the dissemination of knowledge and information through various digital knowledge products such as publications, presentations, digital, and audio-visual content.
- Baseline and evaluation studies: The officer will be involved in the design and implementation of M&E studies, including baseline studies, mid-term evaluations, and impact evaluations.
- Contribute to M&E capacity development: The position holder will contribute to staff and partners’ M&E capacity development and provide training and resources needed to collect data and use the M&E system for ongoing reflection, learning and reporting. She/he will train and guide staff and partners to understand and implement protocols, forms, and guidelines for data collection, analysis, and reporting on both qualitative and quantitative data.
Research and data mining
- Develop research ideas: the officer will identify research ideas and contribute to the research design and planning processes.
- Data collection: the officer will develop research instruments, data collection tools, and conduct data collection.
- Data mining and analysis: The officer will analyze and synthesize existing AWARD datasets to generate research ideas and write scientific articles.
- Writing and publishing: The incumbent will contribute to the production and publication of high standard scientific articles. He/she will also contribute to other publications that AWARD initiates alone or with other partners.
- Internal/external presentations: The position holder will prepare various presentations in line with the M&E and research findings, both internally and externally. He/she will also be prepared to present the findings in relevant conferences/workshops.
- A master’s degree in agricultural research or social science, with training in monitoring and evaluation.
- A specialization in measurements and metrics (Statistics) is a plus.
- Strong background in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies; experience with data collection using any of the following: surveys, semi-structured interviews, focus groups, or other participatory methods; and documentation of events through direct observation and secondary data collection.
- Expertise and experience in a range of evaluation concepts, research design and data management.
- Capacity and experience to manage M&E systems, conducting evaluations including impact evaluations.
- Knowledge of and experience in documentation, reporting, and disseminating program results and research findings.
- Expertise in database development and maintenance, data management and use of statistical analysis software such as STATA, R, NVivo.
- Proven ability in publication and communication of program results to a variety of audiences.
- Professional experience in gender and agricultural research in and development.
Excellent leadership, supervisory, planning and organization skills.
Strong analytical skills, expertise in handling both qualitative and quantitative data.
Effective communication, presentation and problem handling skills.
Strong written and oral skills, and flexibility.
Must be digitally savvy with demonstrated affinity for electronic data management systems and other online tools.
Team building skills with collaborative management style.
Creative conceptual and analytical thinker.
Ability to forge and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of AWARD stakeholders.