Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Builders & Concrete Co. Ltd (KBCLL) has been involved in the construction and building industry for over 50 years and has grown and developed into a major diversified industrial group with operations spanning in various business sectors. KBCLL markets a wide range of aggregates and concrete products and provides total solutions to the customers’ needs
The Sales Manager is responsible for development and implementation of sales strategies to enhance the achievement of company’s overall strategic objectives. The incumbent will drive the achievement of budgeted turnover through monitoring of sales opportunities, developing plans that respond to those opportunities and drive sales activities.
- Develop and implement sales and marketing plans to achieve market share growth, volume, profitability, revenue and brand objectives;
- Roll out a sales strategy in line with the overall company strategy; this will also include an annual sales forecast and budget and monitoring to ensure on course achievement of targets in the most efficient and effective manner;
- Develop and manage a competent sales team through recruitment, training, development and coaching to achieve superior representation against competition;
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs;
- Develop and/or maintain and improve business relations with all customers that promote win-win situations for all parties;
- Plan, prepare and present persuasive approaches and pitches to potential clients and use existing network of industry contacts to generate new business;
- Oversee timely preparation of tender documents, quotations, proposal presentations to enhance business development efforts;
- Research and identify the client needs and customize products best suited for them. Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status;
- Maintain data relative to partners, accounts and activities and document customer interactions;
- Prepare regular reports on sales and business performance and interpret short- and long-term effects on sales strategies in operating profit;
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team for decision making;
- Monitor day to day sales activities and provide insight for the improvement of sales and performance activities and understand training and development needs;
- Promote compliance with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct in business development and sales practices; and
- Implement, monitor and manage performance of the team and support staff through training, mentorship and coaching.
Academic and professional Qualifications and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business or related field
- Professional qualification in the sales and marketing
- At least seven (7) years sales management experience; two (2) of which are in the building and construction industry
Key Skills and Competences
- Demonstrate a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality when dealing with internal and external customers;
- A go-getter, enthusiastic, results oriented with excellent interpersonal, communication and social skills;
- A relationship builder with impeccable business negotiation skills;
- Proven track record in achieving targets and selling to customer needs;
- Strong leadership skills with hands-on capability and management style with an ability to grow, support and develop talent within the company;
- Have a high sense of accuracy, attention for detail and with strong analytical ability.
- Business acumen, strategic thinker with ability to make sound decisions for the business
- Have good numeracy, problem analysis and reporting skills; and
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity
Closing Date: Dec 31, 2020