Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian organisation that provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, or political affiliation.
From 2018, MSF has been investing in a communications department based in Nairobi to progressively raise the profile of MSF in Kenya and East Africa and to support ongoing work with the international media based in the region. In the last year the department has also started to develop fundraising to support the development of MSF´s financial base in Kenya.
The Digital Marketing Officer will be part of MSF Eastern Africa´s communication team that comprises the Head of the department, the Press Officer, Digital Officer and Communications Assistant, and will work in close collaboration with communications and fundraising colleagues in MSF´s international network.
MSF currently has a website http://www.msf.or.ke (in English, with a Swahili version in development) for Kenya and East Africa, and already runs Facebook, Twitter, You Tube and Linkedin accounts for the region, and co-manages an Instagram channel with other offices on this continent. This is a part time position (two days per week), with a contract for one year.
General objective of the position:
The Digital Marketing Officer proposes, develops and implements digital marketing strategies to support the office´s communications and fundraising agenda. This includes increasing the awareness of MSF in East Africa, engagement with our organisation online and eventually supporting the growth of income from Kenya, where we have recently launched fundraising activity.
As well as contributing to developing positive relationships with existing and new supporters, the Digital Marketing Officer also provides strategic and technical input to the office´s wider digital and communications strategy, including back up for the department´s digital officer. This includes helping to manage the office´s institutional digital channels (web & social media), selecting and updating content and building interaction and reach with online communities in order to raise visibility and awareness of MSF with national, regional and international audiences.
Digital marketing strategies:
- Develops and implements evolving digital marketing strategies and campaigns to support the organisation´s communications and fundraising agenda.
- To manage paid for promotion and web advertising to drive traffic and maximise awareness and engagement, including donations. Determines budget with the head of communications and provides regular feedback and strategic advice to maximise performance of campaigns.
- Helps to manage, analyse and improve relationships with our supporters, including contributing to email communications and newsletters. Helps to increase the number of subscribers to our newsletter.
- Develops and implements ideas and opportunities for reaching new online audiences, increasing online engagement with MSF´s existing followers and building positive relationships with our supporters.
- Promotes innovation in MSF’s digital communication approach, taking special consideration of the specificities of the East African context and regularly testing new approaches.
- Follows digital marketing innovations, within MSF and externally, advising on implementation of new tools, techniques or social media platforms.
- Contributes to the optimal integration of all EAS’s online channels (website and social media), maintaining a coherent user experience.
- Advices and supports other EAS departments in creating specific online strategies and content to reach their target audiences and achieve their objectives.
Publication and dissemination of online content:
- Develops, manages and implements online campaigns (including through Facebook paid promotion and Google AdWords / display) to promote visibility, awareness, acquisition or recruitment.
- Supports the digital officer to select, edit, publish and share content in MSF Kenya’s website and social media channels in a timely manner, reflecting MSF’s international, regional and local communication priorities as well as engagement opportunities.
- Helps to moderate online conversations in EAS’s social media channels and responds to inquiries and requests of the online audience following MSF’s guidelines and protocols.
- Contributes to producing or adapting specific online content aimed at Kenyan and East African audiences in line with MSF editorial, style and communication guidelines, and following established validation procedures. -Responsible for the development of campaign specific digital media materials, including design and production of videos, infographics etc.
- Ensures all digital communications are in line with MSF’s editorial guidelines, brand identity, procedures and key messages.
- Tracks, analyses and reports on online metrics, providing insights and acting on the information in order to improve performance, impact and reach and to maximise the number and value of donations made on the website.
- Maintains a Google Analytics account for the website and other monitoring tools for social media.
- External liaison with providers and platforms, in collaboration with the digital officer – Contribute to reporting on campaigns and regular work. – Helps to resolve issues with the digital channels, site and adverts, together with the digital officer and IT department.
- In coordination with the IT department and digital officer, explores search engine optimization strategies (including through external advisors) and helps to implement them.
- From time to time, provides occasional direct support to MSF’s field operations, advising on the strategic use of social media for operational or communications efforts.
- Liaises with colleagues across the MSF movement, including in regional hubs across Africa. -Works as a full member of the communications team and contributes to the department´s wider strategy, doing additional tasks as needed.
- Upholds MSF principles and ethical guidelines at all times.
- Graduate in Communications, Marketing, New Media, Public Relations or related field.
- Solid professional experience in digital media communications (both at a strategical and practical level), social media management and online community engagement.
- Experience in production, edition and coordination of web-based content, preferably on a Drupal platform.
- Knowledge of web and social media metrics and analytics tools, including Google Analytics
- Experience in digital marketing, including SEO, Facebook Business Manager and Google AdWords / display.
- Experience in use of Adobe software for video editing and graphic design.
- Knowledge of Drupal and HTML.
- Experience in the development and implementation of online campaigns.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English and Swahili.
- Commitment to MSF’s humanitarian principles.
- Cross-cultural awareness.
- Strategic vision and analytical skills.
- Results and quality oriented.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time.
- Sound editorial judgement.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Ability to produce engaging social media content.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Stress management.
- Flexibility and ability to provide out of hours/emergency support if/when necessary.
Application deadline: 3rd January 2020
- Position based in Eastern Africa Section (EAS) office
- Part-time job.
- Duration of contract: 12 months.
- Annual gross salary of KES 629,041 (part time rate) + Secondary benefits pro-rata based on EAS Reward Policy.
- Starting date: January 2021