Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deadline for application: 31st December, 2020
Start Date: 01st February, 2021
Duty Station: Mathare
Duration: 3 months probationary contract, extendable based on performance
Médecins Sans Frontières France Mathare Project is looking to fill the position of a Driver. The successful candidate reports to the Logistics Manager.
Objective of the Position:
To drive MSF vehicles for the purpose of transporting people and cargo in a safe and organized manner. He/she to abide by the Kenyan traffic laws and the MSF safety- and security guidelines.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Safe transportation of people, goods & equipment in the vehicle to their destined locations.
- Able to communicate with VHF and sometimes HF radios and familiar with Radio Alphabet.
- Ensures that the radio is switched on and can be monitored throughout his/her shift.
- Daily and weekly vehicle care and routine maintenance.
- Is able to express the location of the vehicle clearly and unambiguously at all times.
- Perform a monthly check of the vehicle inventory.
- Perform any other tasks upon the request of the Logistics Manager.
- Essential: KCSE, A valid Kenyan driving licence Class BCE, Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Desirable: 4WD driving, defensive driving.
- Basic mechanical skills/knowledge.
- At least 4 years’ experience as a driver.
- Good driving experience with 4WD vehicles in all terrains and weather conditions.
- Driver experience with International NGO is an asset.
- Interest in the field of Medical work.
- Willing to work during night shifts.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is a must
- Mechanical skills, ability to read/write in English, map reading and navigation
- Flexibility, commitment, service, stress management.
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae mentioning on the subject email line, “Driver”, to:
Applications must be received by the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.