Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deadline for application: 1st January 2021
Start date: 15th January 2021
Duty Station: Homa Bay
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization providing assistance to people affected by armed conflicts, epidemics, natural or non-natural disasters or persons excluded from access to health care. The organization has health projects in more than 68 countries.
MSF France in Homa Bay is looking to fill the position of an Infection Prevention and Control Supervisor for COVID-19 Activities. The successful candidate will report to the Nurse Activity Manager and IPC Manager
Objective of the Position:
The main objective of this position is Implementing and supervising an infection control program in a project or health facility, according to MSF protocols, safety and IPC measures, in order to ensure quality of care and safety of patients, caretakers and staff.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Include but not limited to:
- Implementing and monitoring adherence to additional precautions for air, droplet and contact transmissible diseases when indicated
- Implementing as planned, the correct ‘clean and dirty flows’ inside the health facility
- Guaranteeing compliance to aseptic care techniques and to the correct use of antiseptics, disinfectants and detergents
- Checking the consumption and the quality of IPC materials and equipment participate in and support the development and following up the Infection Control Action Plan.
- Report any irregularities to the supervisors
- Minimum of a diploma in Nursing from an accredited nursing school
- Valid practicing license from the nursing council of Kenya
- Must have 1 year and above working experience in clinical nursing and management experience
- Experience in OT, Intensive Care Unit, WASH is an asset
- Must have experience managing patients in isolation
- Fluent in English and Swahili,
- Strong communication skills
- Detail oriented and meticulous in all aspects of work.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Able to work in strenuous condition with minimal supervision
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to email a motivation letter and updated Curriculum Vitae as a single file by 1st January 2021 to email@example.com and mention on the subject line “IPC Supervisor – COVID-19 Activities”. Or send your application to MSF France, Homa Bay P. O. Box 881 – 00403. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.
We will not reply to questions about the position. All necessary information can be found in this vacancy announcement.